JASON Shackell scored deep into stoppage time as leaders Lincoln City handed Milton Keynes Dons their first defeat of the League Two campaign.

Shackell's header in the fourth minute of added time secured a come-from-behind 2-1 win for the Imps, who maintained their three-point gap at the top of the table.

The visitors had taken the lead through Rhys Healey's 64th-minute strike but Shay McCartan responded eight minutes later with his first goal for Lincoln.

Exeter City and Newport County maintained the gap behind the leaders.

Second-placed Exeter scored two late goals in a 3-1 win against Cheltenham Town.

The Robins had taken the lead through Ryan Broom three minutes before half-time, but Pierce Sweeney struck his fourth goal of the campaign early in the second period to level.

Jayden Stockley's third goal in as many games put the hosts ahead with 10 minutes left before Jonathan Forte made the points safe in the 88th minute to earn the Grecians a third straight win.

Newport kept pace as they returned to winning ways with a 1-0 win at Tranmere Rovers.

Fraser Franks' early goal secured the three points in County's first game since their 6-0 home thrashing at the hands of Yeovil Town.

Fourth-placed Colchester United failed to keep pace after they threw away a two-goal lead in the last five minutes to draw 3-3 with Oldham Athletic.

Luke Norris' double and a Harry Pell strike had the visitors cruising, but Sam Surridge's second of the contest started the comeback, which was completed by Peter Clarke in the 88th minute.

Reuben Reid's strike with 20 minutes left continued Forest Green Rovers' unbeaten start to the season with a 1-0 win against Crawley Town, who finished with 10 men after Joe McNerney picked up two late bookings.

Notts County remain winless but secured a second successive draw thanks to a 0-0 stalemate at Northampton Town, while rock-bottom Macclesfield Town are also still searching for their first victory of the campaign after they lost 2-1 at Morecambe.

Elsewhere, Richie Bennett scored the only goal at Bury as Carlisle United won 1-0 despite ending the game with 10 men following Jerry Yates' late dismissal.

George Maris' 88th-minute goal earned Cambridge United a 1-1 draw at home to Mansfield Town, while Leon Legge's header secured a 1-0 win for Port Vale at Crewe Alexandra and Steve Seddon also scored late on as Stevenage beat Grimsby Town 1-0.