LEADERS Lincoln City returned to winning ways with a 2-1 victory against Forest Green Rovers.

John Akinde’s eighth-minute opener was quickly cancelled out by Rovers midfielder Reece Brown, but Kellan Gordon struck the winner with 18 minutes left.

The Imps had gone three games without a win but their 11th victory of the campaign kept them two points ahead of in-form Milton Keynes Dons, who thrashed Crawley Town 4-0.

Goals from Rhys Healey and Kieran Agard gave the Dons a 2-0 lead after just 18 minutes.

Healey completed his brace in first-half added time and Chuks Aneke wrapped things up in the second half as the Dons recorded a sixth win in seven league games.

Tranmere Rovers are up to fourth after an impressive 2-0 win against Exeter City, who ended the game with 10 men after Dean Moxey’s late dismissal for two yellow cards.

James Norwood scored in each half for Rovers.

Newport County missed the chance to move into the top three as they were beaten 3-2 by Carlisle United.

Jamie Devitt’s double in the opening 12 minutes put the Cumbrians in control, but goals from Padraig Amond and Dan Butler levelled things up.

However, Danny Grainger struck in stoppage time to secure the hosts a first win in five league games.

Stevenage moved into the top seven after they came from behind twice to beat Oldham Athletic 3-2.

Ishmael Miller and then Callum Lang put the visitors ahead but Joel Byrom and Kurtis Guthrie got Stevenage back on level terms before substitute Danny Newton scored an 81st-minute winner.

Bury remain two points behind Stevenage after they thrashed basement boys Macclesfield Town 4-1, with Neil Danns scoring twice in the opening 18 minutes before Jay O’Shea and Nicky Maynard also found the net.

Elsewhere, Cheltenham Town missed out on their first win in nine games as Tyler Walker’s stoppage-time equaliser earned Mansfield Town a 2-2 draw, while Cambridge United secured a third straight victory after seeing off Grimsby Town 1-0.

Notts County ended their three-match losing run in the league but had to settle for a 2-2 draw at Port Vale while Northampton were 2-0 winners against Crewe Alexandra and Morecambe saw off Yeovil Town 2-1.