HIGHWORTH Town Reserves made light work of Woodlands Edge First in Division One of the Swindon Sunday League, striking five times to register a comfortable 5-1 win at home.

Harry Ayres and Josh Coombe both bagged a brace while Sean McSharry rounded off Town’s scoring.

In the only other game, FC Walcot claimed their first win of 2019 with a comfortable 6-1 triumph over bottom side AFC Mannington.

Meanwhile, in the Wiltshire Sunday Cup quarter-final, Penhill United advanced to the last four following an 8-1 win over Halfway House Harriers.

In Division Two, Chiseldon FC were unable to make up any ground on Stratton Saints as they lost 5-3 to third place Jovial Monk in a second-half blitz of goals.

With the half-time score at 0-0, Charley Gillett scored a second-half hat-trick for Chiseldon.

However, a treble from Jovial Monk’s Jonathan Peachey-Score and two courtesy of Liam Kearns allowed Monk to close the gap on their hosts to three points.

Two mid-table sides – Rudis and Atletico Marlborough – shared the spoils in a 1-1 draw while Purton Redhouse saw off struggling Smart Movers 3-0 to claim their fourth win of the season.

In Division Three, free-scoring Nationwide got the better of Swindon Waiting Rooms in an 11-goal thriller, coming out 7-4 winners.

Jim Horwood and Adam Leighfield struck for SWR while substitute David Rendall netted twice.

Simon Olding did the brunt of the damage for visitors Nationwide with a hat-trick while Andrew Goodchild nabbed a brace. Sean Creeley and an own-goal completed the scoring for the visitors as they went within a point of third-place SWR.

Swindon Saracens inflicted previous leaders PSV Swindon’s third defeat of the season as Saracens came out on top in a tight 1-0 victory.

Openwork United replaced PSV Swindon at the top of Division Three with a 3-1 win over Swindon Rovers. Dalton Harfield scored Rovers’ consolation however, a James Dixon hat-trick secured United’s 9th victory of the campaign while sending them top.

The Abbey Mead claimed the shock result of the weekend as they picked up only their second win of the season in an impressive 4-3 victory over previously unbeaten Gustoso FC.