SWINDON Supermarine ended a three-match winless run in Southern League Premier Division South on Saturday with a comfortable 2-0 success at home to Dorchester Town.

Lee Spalding’s side were without a league victory since January 19, picking up just a single point in that time, but got back to form against the Dorset outfit.

After a goalless first half, Henry Spalding broke the deadlock two minutes after the restart at the Webbswood Stadium before Stuart Fleetwood made the points safe for the hosts with their second goal in the closing stages.

Spalding was thrilled to see his side’s wait for a win come to an end and felt it was a case of being pa-tient against Dorchester.

“I am really pleased. It was a good result, we scored two good goals and got a clean sheet,” said Spal-ding.

“We weren’t at our best in the first half, but I thought we defended well when we were called upon.

“The second-half performance was a lot better. We got ourselves in front early on after half-time and after that it was a case of how many it was going to be.

“We scored two goals and we had two really good chances to make it even more.

“Overall, I was delighted to get the three points.”

Spalding conceded Marine have not been at their best in recent weeks, so was delighted the players took on board his desire to be switched on right from the first whistle against Dorchester.

“There have been a couple of games recently where we haven’t started particularly well. We have spoken about that and looked to address it,” said Spalding.

“I thought we competed a lot better in the first 25 minutes on Saturday. Although we didn’t play great football, there was a conscious effort to make sure we competed and tried to get on top of them.

“The lads battled really hard and all worked really hard.

“As a team, we were nice and compact and hard to break down, while going forwards, I always feel we have got the quality to create chances and score goals.

“It was a team effort and I thought the lads were outstanding.”