BAKERS Arms manager Pete Smith labelled his side’s 0-0 draw against Wheatsheaf Stratton in the Swindon & District League Premier Division as “one of the worst games you could ever wish to see”.

Smith recalled the game being devoid of action or incident and blamed poor playing conditions as the primary factor behind neither side being able to produce a moment of quality to decide the result.

With 18 points from their 12 game, Bakers only have four fixtures left to change their course of their season and tried throwing caution to the wind in their most recent outing in order to secure a result.

Smith said: “It was not the best of games. The pitch was really poor, and I don’t think we had a shot on target in the first half.

“Both teams had a couple of half-chances, but nothing clear cut.

“It was quite a neutral game. There were no bad tackles, no incidents and me and the other manager shook hands at the end of the game and said: ‘That was a bad game’. We were both happy with a point.

“You couldn’t play that well on that pitch – it was bobbly, windy and the conditions certainly didn’t help.

“We tried pushing near the end and their goalkeeper made a couple of good saves in the last 10 minutes.

“We changed formation – went three at the back – and went for it because we’ve got nothing to lose this season now.

"We’re not going to win the league, we’re not going to drop much down the table, so it was one of those games that gave us that freedom.”

In the only other game to take place in the Premier Division, Swindon Supermarine Development won 4-1 for the second week in a row – this time seeing off Alan Spring’s Lower Stratton to claim their sixth league win of the campaign.

In Division One, league leaders Blunsdon claimed an 11-0 success over struggling North Swindon WMC.

The victory pushed them on to 11 wins from 12 games as they remain top, but second-placed Kintbury Rangers Reserves maintained their 100 per cent record in their nine league games with a 6-0 win away at Ramsbury.

Chiseldon won the battle of two mid-table teams thanks to a 3-2 win against Sportz Central, while Wroughton Reserves laboured to a 5-2 win against struggling Village Inn to move up to third.