SHRIVENHAM side made it 17 Hellenic League Premier Division games unbeaten on Saturday after an emphatic 3-0 win away at Tuffley Rovers.

Antonio Gerrish’s double, as well as a Nathan Blackford penalty, saw Shrivvy to a comfortable away win as they look to secure a top-five finish.

Gerrish opened the scoring just after the half-hour mark before Blackford slotted home a second from the spot just before the break.

Gerrish capped off a sparkling away performance with 10 minutes left before manager Gareth Davies came on for a small cameo appearance right at the end.

While 3-0 would please most managers, Davies believed his team should have scored more.

He said: “We got the ball down and tried to play it around as much as we could, but it was a difficult pitch.

“If I’m honest, it could, and probably should, have been a few more.

“We hit the bar twice and we had a few chances that we’d normally tuck away, but 3-0 away from home – we’ll take that.”

In the build-up to Saturday’s game, Davies discussed the possibility that his players may suffer from a lack of match sharpness as they had not played in nearly three weeks.

The manager’s fears were short-lived, though, as Shrivvy showed the sort of rhythm that would suggest they had played just days before – something that pleasantly surprised Davies.

He said: “I was a little bit worried about being a bit rusty at the start, but we came out the traps flying. We were decent and went there and did the job.

“Some days, you’ve got to win ugly, and actually, I thought we played some really good stuff. The squad was a bit threadbare, so that makes the result even better.

“I don’t know how we keep recording clean sheets, to be honest, but you can’t grumble, and it keeps us in amongst it. That’s all I can ask.”

Elsewhere, Jody Bevan’s Fairford Town snatched a 1-1 draw away at Binfield thanks to Jon Thomas’ second-half strike.

After conceding seven minutes before half-time, Fairford responded brightly in the second period and Thomas’ goal allowed them to draw a game for the first time in nearly two months.

In Division One West, Malmesbury Victoria and New College did not play.