EXETER City maintained their unbeaten start to the Sky Bet League Two season with a 3-2 win at Morecambe.

Goals from Jake Taylor and Lee Martin had seen the visitors go 2-0 up inside the opening 25 minutes.

However, substitute Lewis Alessandra pulled one back in first-half stoppage time and then equalised just after the hour. Nicky Law, though, won it with just five minutes left.

Morecombe had defender Sam Lavelle sent off following two late cautions.

Plymouth Argyle are second after beating Walsall 3-0, but finished with 10 men after a late red card for substitute Antoni Sarcevic.

Striker Ryan Taylor scored for the Pilgrims after 13 minutes, and Sarcevic made it 2-0 shortly before his dismissal in the 82nd minute. Ryan Taylor added a third with a minute left.

Bradford City beat high-flying Forest Green Rovers 1-0 with a stoppage-time header from Joseph Mills and then saw defender Matt Mills sent off for a second caution.

Manageress Macclesfield Town beat bottom club Scunthorpe United 1-0 through a penalty from Joe Ironside in the 54th minute.

Grimsby Town ran out 5-2 winners over Port Vale at Blundell Park.

An own goal from Grimsby midfielder Elliott Whitehouse had given Vale the lead in the 13th minute, but Jordan Cook soon equalised.

Moses Ogbu put the Mariners in front in the 51st minute, with Matt Green swiftly making it 3-1 only for Vale to respond again just after the hour through Nathan Smith.

Late goals from Luke Waterfall and James Hanson in the last 10 minutes made it a comfortable win.

Struggling Oldham Athletic got their campaign up and running with a 2-1 win at Cambridge United.

Urko Vera headed the visitors in front after 28 minutes, but Cambridge were soon level through Marc Richards.

Defender David Wheater nodded in what proved to the winner in the 67th minute.

Salford City extended their unbeaten run to three games with a 2-2 draw at Carlisle United.

The hosts took an early lead from Olufela Olomola's header, but Salford turned the game around through Mani Dieseruvwe and a penalty by Danny Whitehead.

Midfielder Stefan Scougall made it 2-2 just before half-time, which proved enough for a share of the point.

A second-half penalty from Luke Norris helped Colchester United beat Northampton Town 1-0 at home for a first league win.

Crawley Town fought back to win 3-2 at Leyton Orient with a late brace from substitute Ollie Palmer.

Midfielder Josh Wright gave the O's the lead in the 22nd minute, before Nathan Ferguson levelled things up on the half hour.

Lee Angol's penalty put the hosts in front early in the second half, but Palmer came off the bench to scored twice in the closing 20 minutes.

Newport County beat Crewe Alexandra 1-0 with a stoppage-time goal from Padraig Amond.

Mansfield Town were held to a 0-0 draw at home by Stevenage, who are second bottom.