SHRIVENHAM manager Gareth Davies conceded he was not sure if his side deserved to make FA Vase progress after they snatched a dramatic 3-2 victory at home to Milton United.

Playing a rare Friday night fixture, Hellenic League Premier Division side Shrivvy found themselves 2-0 down at half-time at Barrington Park.

Things had not improved by the time the hour mark arrived, although Davies’ troops finally got themselves going on 65 minutes when Antonio Gerrish found the net.

That kick-started Shrivvy into life and they mounted a dramatic comeback – although had to wait until the dying embers to finish the job.

The home side did not restore parity until the last of the 90 minutes when Dave Bampton let fly with a wonder strike.

And the turnaround was complete five minutes into stoppage time when Jordan Morris snatched a winning goal to seal an unlikely win for Shrivvy.

When asked if his side deserved their victory, Davies admitted: “Based on our performance, I would probably say no.

“Our performance in the first half was well below the standards that we are expecting,

“In the second half, we just showed that rugged doggedness and kept going. That’s a good quality to have and it certainly didn’t do us any harm on the day.

“When you are still 2-0 down with half-an-hour to go, you do start to think: ‘Is it going to be our day?’

“Fair play to the players, they kept going right until the end, and if you are going to score two late goals, I don’t think you can get much later.

“Considering I have never seen Dave Bampton score a goal, that one wasn’t bad.

“And then there was no coming back from the third one. The goals we scored all came at the right time.

“It is never dull at our place.”

Fellow Hellenic Premier side Royal Wootton Bassett Town also secured Friday night Vase progress thanks to a dominant 7-0 success away at near neighbours Swindon New College.

Giorgio Wrona and Callum Parsons both scored hat-tricks for Bassett, with Alfie Presley also getting himself on the scoresheet.

Fairford Town produced a five-star performance on Saturday to book their place in the draw for the next round after thrashing Abingdon Town 5-1 at home on Saturday.

Jody Bevan’s side were only 1-0 up at the break at Cinder Lane as Connor Thompson’s strike separated the two teams.

Abingdon drew level in the opening exchanges of the second period but Fairford raised their game from there are roared to a dominant win.

Callum Preece restored the hosts’ advantage from the penalty spot and Jon Thomas made it 3-1 before Thompson struck twice more to complete his hat-trick and wrap up the victory.

Malmesbury Victoria were also Vase winners on Saturday as they saw off Woodley United 3-0 at home.

Andy Baker scored twice for the Vics, with Shane Bumphrey getting the other.