SWINDON Ladies are the only side still able to boast a 100 per cent record three games into the new Premier Division 2A season in the West Clubs Women’s Hockey League following a 5-2 win away at near neighbours Cirencester.

The visitors took a few minutes to get going, but once they did, they were quickly rewarded as Lynsey Wall got the final touch to divert home a short corner.

Another short corner soon led to Wall and Swindon’s second goal although Cirencester managed to get a ball to their forwards before half-time to cut the deficit to 2-1.

Swindon regained control after the break and got their third goal when Gemma Scrase passed across the D to Chloe Lewis, who shot through a crowd of bodies and into the back of the net.

Lewis soon got her second of the day but Cirencester responded once more, piling on the pressure and being rewarded with a goal.

Swindon were not to be denied, though, and they made sure of the win when Victoria Stokes’ brilliant ball found Wall unmarked in front of the keeper, and she duly rounded off her hat-trick to seal the points.

After back-to-back defeats, Swindon Ladies 2nd claimed a first win of the season in Whitehorse Division 1 with a 2-0 success at home to their Marlborough counterparts.

After a goalless first period, Swindon stole the points in the second half through goals from Kim Taylor and Rebecca Davies.

Swindon’s men’s first team also made it three wins from three at the start of the new Verde Recreo League Championship season with a 7-4 success away at Bristol University A.

The visitors created a number of opportunities in the first half without capitalising and actually fell behind after Bristol pounced on an error.

Swindon drew level from a well-worked short corner as Tom Sewell tapped in at the back post, and they then managed to edge ahead before the break as Tom Wickens hit the net via a defender’s foot.

Aidan Bramwell struck to make it 3-1 early in the second half but confusion in defence allowed Bristol to score again.

Swindon then began to pull away and Henry Cheney scored a fine individual effort following a good pass from Sewell before Dave Miles finished off a good team move to make it 5-2.

The one-way traffic continued as Wickens grabbed his second and Swindon’s sixth goal with a sublime overhead finish beyond the keeper.

Bristol threatened a comeback as Swindon conceded two more scrappy goals, but the visitors’ worries were eased with another spectacular strike as James Young dribbled into the circle, turned his marker and calmly lashed a reverse-stick shot into the bottom corner of the net to round off the scoring.

Swindon A fell to a first defeat of the season in Central 2 as they were crushed 5-1 by Keynsham.

It was also a tough afternoon for a youthful Swindon B side as they fell to a heavy 5-0 defeat at the hands of Cirencester A to leave them at the bottom of the East Central 1 table.