SWINDON Town were unable to claim consecutive wins for the first time this season after losing 2-1 at home to Doncaster Rovers on Saturday.

Two first-half goals from Fejiri Okenabirhie set Darren Moore’s men on their way, and the visitors looked good value for their lead until substitute Hallam Hope pulled one back in the 71st minute.

Town were unable to find an equaliser, however, as John Sheridan’s men lost for the 14th time this season. Swindon also fell to 23rd after other results went against them.

Sheridan went with an unchanged side to the one that beat Ipswich Town last week. Matt Palmer operated as the stand-in right winger, after doing a solid job a week prior.

There were home debuts for Dom Thompson, Mark Travers and Scott Twine as well.

Doncaster started life without Ben Whiteman after his move to Preston North End, with Tom Anderson taking over as captain.

Meanwhile, Reece James started once again after scoring twice in the reverse fixture a month ago.

Looking for their second win in a row for the first time this season, Town made the worst possible start as Doncaster scored with the first chance of the game.

Okenabirhie sprung the offside trap and slipped the ball underneath Travers following a good pass by Tyreece John-Jules in the centre of the pitch.

The Swindon players were appealing for offside as the ball was played, but the linesman remained unmoved and Doncaster ran off celebrating.

Doncaster continued to control the game, and the visitors almost doubled their lead when captain, Tom Anderson attempted to scramble home a corner shortly after.

His effort was scuffed though, and Travers easily claimed.

Swindon were creating very little early on, with the hosts’ only half-chance coming after Diallaing Jaiyesimi swung an excellent ball in from the left. However, it went over the head of Brett Pitman and was cleared behind for a corner.

An awkward first 45 went from bad to worse for Town after Zeki Fryers went down injured after 25 minutes. He was replaced by Taylor Curran in the heart of defence.

With 10 minutes before the break, Twine was unable to repeat his goal from last week, instead blasting into the arms of Ellery Balcombe from outside of 30 yards.

As the first half came to a close, Elliot Simoes ran in from the left wing uncontested before drilling a hard shot straight at Travers.

Up the other end, Thompson delivered low towards Pitman in the box. Pitman laid off for Smith who narrowly slid an effort wide of Balcombe's left-hand post. That would be Town’s best chance of the first half.

And just as first-half stoppage time was shown, Doncaster doubled their lead through Okenabirhie once again.

The corner came in from Anderson and Andy Butler rose highest to nod it back across goal. Okenabirhie was first to react, and he nodded it into the far corner past the despairing dive of Travers.

Swindon should have been offered the chance to pull a goal back immediately after the restart as Palmer was bundled over inside the box, but the referee waved play on despite vociferous protests from the home bench and players.

Town were enjoying a little more success at the start of the second half, highlighted when Paul Caddis curled a lovely ball into the box towards Pitman.

However, with no other Town man was bursting a gut to join the striker, Doncaster cleared after it went over Pitman's head.

Moments later, Twine struck a vicious effort just over from 25 yards.

With the home side toiling to find a way back into the game, they eventually found one with 20 minutes to play.

After Thompsons’ free-kick was deflected out for a corner, the set-piece was headed away towards Twine.

The midfielder took a touch before shooting, and Hope flicked that effort goalwards and past the helpless Balcombe to halve the deficit.

As hard as Swindon tried, the chances did not come with any regularity in the final period of the game – Dion Conroy’s long-range free-kick that sailed over the bar was as close as the hosts came.

Six minutes of added time still failed to result in a clear-cut chance as the hosts were left frustrated at the final whistle.

STFC starting XI: Travers, Caddis, Conroy, Fryers, Thompson, M Smith, Lyden, Twine, Palmer, Jaiyesimi, Pitman.

Subs: T Smith, J Smith, Odimayo, Payne, Curran, A Grant, Hope.

DRFC starting XI: Balcombe, Halliday, James, Anderson, Okenabirhie, Lokilo, Richards, John-Jules, Butler, Simoes, John.

Subs: Jones, Taylor, M Smith, Amos, Williams, Greaves, Horton.