HIGHWORTH Town enjoyed a magnificent seven on Saturday as they put Oxford City Nomads to the sword.

After taking a 2-0 lead into the break at the Elms, the Worthians went on a second-half rampage and won 7-0 to open up a seven-point at the top of the Hellenic League Premier Division.

New signing Jason Milhench led the way for Jeff Roberts’ side as he bagged a brace on debut, while Ashley Edenborough, Aaron Ferris, Callum Parsons, Ryan O’Hara and substitute Aysa Corrick all hit the target.

“It took a bit of time to break them down,” Roberts said. “We had a few opportunities before we scored.

“We just needed to show patience because every team that comes to us really come and have a go. We don’t always need to go so direct, we just have to be patient and the goals will come.

“We have got the quality and we need to make sure that we match that with our work-rate and I felt that we did that against Oxford.

“The conditions were horrendous and by the end of the 90 minutes the pitch did start to cut up a bit so it was pleasing to get the win.

“With Bracknell and Thatcham both playing in the Challenge Cup on Saturday that was a massive three points for us to get.

“The lead is now seven points and we still have a game in hand.”

Roberts also heaped praise on his new signing Milhench, who arrived at the Elms in the week from Shrivenham, having started the campaign at Fairford Town.

“I felt that with Kieran Gleed out we needed some width and Jason is a very good Hellenic League player and provided us with that width,” the Worthians chief added.

“He got two goals and he could have had a hat-trick. He has come in and done what we asked.”

Meanwhile, Steve Robertson haunted his former club Royal Wootton Bassett Town as he bagged a second-half hat-trick for Wantage Town in their 3-0 home win.

In the Division One West basement battle, New College claimed their second win of the season as they put three on Tytherington Rocks without reply.

Kane Howcutt gave the students the lead in the 25th minute before Jacob Hutchings doubled the advantage six minutes.

Max Slinn grabbed the third 12 minutes from time to seal the points for College.

Josh Morse’s 65th-minute goal was enough for Shrivenham to claim all three points at Cirencester Town Development and move Gareth Davies’ side up to fourth in the table.