FAIRFORD Town chief Jody Bevan believes a certain level of continuity is contributing to the Cinder Lane side’s Hellenic League Premier Division revival after they disposed of bottom side Highmoor-Ibis 3-1 on Saturday.

The Reds made it three league wins in succession as Bevan stepped off the bench to wrap up the points with a late header after skipper Lee Smith’s first-half double had put the home side in command.

The manager admitted: “We should have been out of sight in the first half, really. We were comfortably the better side and didn’t really take our chances.

“Then in the second half, we got a little bit sloppy and got punished for it and we were holding on at times.

“But we managed to get a third goal and finally put the game to bed.’’ He added: “That’s three wins on the bounce. Having a settled squad and settled shape and formation and being able to play that way has made a difference.

“We’ve been looking at one or two changes in every game, rather than the five or six which was happening in the early part of the season.’’ Smith bagged his 11th goal of the season after a quarter of an hour and Town were well in control on the half-hour as George Thrussell’s shot was spilled by Highmoor keeper Aaron Watkins and Smith slid home his second.

Luke Cox’s effort on 79 minutes for the visitors kept them in with a shout of getting a result, but Bevan’s near-post header settled matters once and for all.

Highworth Town’s inexorable march towards the Premier Division title continued on Saturday as they smashed Woodley United 6-0 to go 12 points clear at the top of the table.

The Worthians made a sensational start at the Elms as Kieron Gleed put them a goal to the good after just three minutes and they were three goals up with quarter of the game gone as Jason Milhench netted on five minutes before Gleed bagged a second.

The rout continued after the break as Dan Drewett scored just before the hour and Woodley’s woes were compounded by an own goal from Pete Hagger midway through the half.

Gleed completed his hat-trick on 83 minutes to wrap up the scoring.

Having dished out a 7-3 hammering to Binfield in midweek, Royal Wootton Bassett Town were on the receiving end on Saturday as they crashed 6-1 at Abingdon United.

Callum Harvey, John Dennis, Tom Butler, Joe Green, Ryan Barney and Graham Edney, inflicted the damage, with Aaron Maximen’s goal at the end little consolation to the visitors.

In Division One West, New College were beaten 2-0 at home by Kidlington Reserves, for whom Matt Isamene and Ewan Jones netted.