KESHI Anderson may finally be reaping tangible rewards from the hard work put in with him by his parent club and his current one, according to Swindon Town boss David Flitcroft.

Having reached the 15-match mark in the appearance stakes, the on-loan Crystal Palace man has proved a thorn in the side of League Two defences throughout his spell at the County Ground, but up until Saturday had only two goals in a red and white shirt to his name.

One late winner at Yeovil and a long-range screamer at Grimsby later though, the 22 year old had doubled his tally and looks a real trump card in Town’s push to return to League One at the first attempt.

Anderson has now topped the three goals he scored in previous loan stints with Doncaster and Northampton and Flitcroft insist his increased scoring output is by design rather than accident.

“He’s been brilliant,’’ said Flitcroft of the player.

“We’ve been working on him with Crystal Palace and working on how he becomes more effective on scoring goals and creating chances.

“We’ve watched a lot of work that he’s done and he gets in the positions, so we’re just encouraging him to keep getting in those positions, but pull the trigger a bit more.’’ Of the 30-yarder at Grimsby on Tuesday, the manager added: “When it’s left his foot, there was only one place it was going to go. It was a fantastic goal.’’ Whether Anderson is joined by Luke Norris up front to face Newport tomorrow remains open to question after the top scorer turned an ankle in the warm-up on Tuesday and failed to take his place on the bench.

Town have already lost midfielder Timi Elsnik for probably more than a month, while significant injury concerns remain over Amine Linganzi and left-back Chris Hussey and Donal McDermott and Dion Conroy are long-term absentees.

Of Norris, Flitcroft added: “I didn’t think Harry (Smith) could do two games in 72 hours and Luke was obviously the back-up for that (at Grimsby).

“We didn’t have him. It was in the shooting (warm-up) and he’s gone over on his ankle, but straightaway the swelling has come up on that. He’s rocked his ankle.’’ One plus for Flitcroft was midfielder James Dunne successfully negotiating the disciplinary minefield that saw him on four yellow cards, one match away from a suspension in both the Yeovil and Grimsby games.

“I’m pleased that Dunney has come through and not got the bookings,’’ added the manager.

“His bookings now go back down to zero because he’s come through the timescale, so that’s a positive, he’s done really well doing that. Hopefully we’ll also get some good news with Hussey and Linganzi.’’