LUTON and Notts County remain neck-and-neck at the top of League Two after both teams won 2-1 on Saturday.

The Hatters stay top of the table due to their vastly superior goal difference after victory at Crewe. Danny Hylton's 12th league goal of the season set them on their way and Luke Berry quickly added the second goal as Luton's class eventually told.

Johnny Mullins scored an own goal but the victory saw Luton go nine away matches unbeaten in the league for the first time since 1981.

Notts County, who travel to Kenilworth Road to play Luton on December 9, remain right on the coat-tails of the Hatters after a dramatic finish at Meadow Lane.

Shola Ameobi's penalty midway through the first half put the Magpies ahead before Ross Fitzsimons preserved that lead by saving Mikael Mandron's penalty. Sanmi Odelusi's 89th-minute strike looked to have rescued a draw for Colchester but Ryan Yates headed a stoppage-time winner.

Accrington remain third but are now just a point ahead of Exeter after a 1-0 defeat to the Grecians at St James' Park. Hiram Boateng scored the only goal of the game in first-half stoppage time.

Wycombe climbed into the play-off places with a 2-1 home win over Yeovil. All the goals came in the final eight minutes of the first half with Eberechi Eze and Joe Jacobson, from the penalty spot, putting the hosts in front before Francois Zoko pulled one back for the Glovers.

Coventry and Mansfield stay in the top seven despite being held to home draws by struggling sides. The Sky Blues were behind to Crawley at half-time following Jordan Roberts' strike but Marc McNulty equalised midway through the second half for a 1-1 draw.

In the early kick-off, Mansfield were twice behind to arch-rivals Chesterfield but battled back for a 2-2 draw with the division's bottom club. Joe Rowley and Andy Kellett scored for the Spireites, who are now only one point adrift of safety, but Hayden White and Zander Diamond, whose header came two minutes from time, replied for the Stags.

Barnet are only above Chesterfield on goal difference after losing 2-0 at home to Grimsby. Jamille Matt and Sam Jones scored for the visitors while the Bees had Dwight Pascal sent off.

Port Vale are just a point above the bottom two after a 3-1 defeat at Lincoln, who had Matt Green, Michael Bostwick and Luke Waterfall on the score sheet. Danny Pugh had equalised for Vale just before half time.

Morecambe came from behind to draw 1-1 at Carlisle - and would have won the game had Adam Campbell not blazed a late penalty over the crossbar. Kelvin Etuhu and Garry Thompson scored the goals at Brunton Park.

Christian Doidge scored again for Forest Green but Cheltenham hit back through Mohamed Eisa to draw 1-1 while Cambridge beat Stevenage 1-0 thanks to Uche Ikpeazu's 88th-minute header.