SWINDON Town were unable to prevent Lincoln City from snatching a late point despite leading with 10 men for over 50 minutes.

David Flitcroft opted to name an unnamed side from the team that dug out a 1-0 triumph away at Stevenage on Tuesday night.

New signing Rollin Menayese was granted a place on the bench, as Town looked for back-to-back victories.

But Swindon got off to a disastrous start in Lincolnshire as they fell a goal behind and were reduced to 10 men.

Lee Frecklington handed the hosts the lead in the 23rd minute when he squeezed his penalty past Reice Charles-Cook.

Town defender Matt Preston had been shown a red card after he hauled down Matt Green as he failed to keep pace with the striker.

Flitcroft acted immediately by hooking Luke Norris for Menayese as he looked to keep Swindon in the game.

But midfielder Timi Elsnik showed why he so well regarded by those at the club, with a sublime flick over his marker and powerful shot, the volley being palmed out into the path of Marc Richards, who slotted home in the 37th minute.

Three minutes later, Town were in the lead as Ollie Banks was afforded plenty of room by the opposition midfielders, before the loan man rifled home from outside the area to give Town a 2-1 advantage at half-time.

The second half was largely uneventful. As expected the hosts had the majority of the ball but didn’t create too much.

Charles-Cook nearly got himself into trouble on occasions as the home fans felt he was time-wasting.

With a quarter of an hour left, Town had a great chance to get a good ball in from a free-kick only for it to be headed behind for a corner.

From there, Matt Taylor took the free-kick, but couldn’t find a teammate as he over hit his effort.

Flitcroft’s troops then breathed a sigh of relief after Tom Pett was unable to steer his free header into the back of the net, with it falling just wide.

Elsnik nearly sealed the deal for Town with less than 10 minutes to go as he was allowed plenty of time on the ball to the left of the penalty area.

The teenager opted to shoot and watched his effort slide off of the top of the crossbar.

Two minutes plus injury time stood between Town and three points and in order to claim all three, Flitcroft used his final substitute to bring on Chris Robertson to see out the game.

That wasn’t to be the case as the hosts equalised deep into injury time with a late corner, which was bundled into the back of the net by Michael Bostwick.