A LATE strike by Yeovil’s Alex Fisher dented hopes of Swindon Town reaching the end-of-season playoffs as Phil Brown was forced to settle for a fourth successive draw.

Swindon took the lead on two occasions through influential winger Matt Taylor.

But a pair of second half goals from Lewis Wing and Alex Fisher either side of Taylor's second goal restricted Phil Brown’s men to a point, meaning they are now one point short of seventh placed Coventry – who have a game in hand.

Brown was forced into making one change from the team that drew against Carlisle on Saturday after Kellan Gordon suffered a dislocated shoulder during Saturday’s tie against Carlisle.

Gordon’s absence opened the door for teenager Scott Twine, who made his first team debut.

Twine made an immediate impact on Town’s threat up front when linking up with Chris Hussey down the left before Hussey’s cross – Town’s first of the game – was headed clear.

Yeovil were reminded to tighten up at the back on four minutes when Kyle Knoyle’s searching ball from inside Town’s half almost found Kaiyne Woolery, but Knoyle’s delivery was slightly overhit.

Phil Brown’s men had their first meaningful chance on five minutes when Matt Taylor’s cross following a cleared corner met the head of Twine, who headed narrowly over.

Marc Richards should’ve put Swindon ahead five minutes later when a defensive error left the veteran forward in isolation in Yeovil’s area.

Rather than opting to shoot, Richards played the ball back in the hope of finding Woolery or Twine. But neither met the ball as the game remained goalless.

It didn’t take long for Town to correct that, though, as Woolery’s pacey cross from the left found Matt Taylor in Yeovil’s area.

Taylor made no mistake and neatly converted from close range to hand the home side a deserved lead after 11 minutes.

Yeovil struggled to break down Town’s back four in the opening half of the first 45.

Their first chance on goal came on 17 minutes when Otis Khan hit an ambitious strike, which Swindon goalkeeper Stuart Moore comfortably clutched to his chest.

Twine, enjoying a positive start to his first start in the first team, could’ve doubled Town’s lead on 22 minutes when Matt Taylor’s cross from the right found the youngster in the six-yard box.

But his effort cannoned off his right boot and went wide of Nelson’s left post.

A 10 minute period of mid-field play followed as neither side made any impression on goal.

The visitors continued to struggle in their bid to break down Swindon’s defence, forcing them into unleashing ambitious drives from outside of the penalty area.

Stuart Moore had to be on his toes minutes before the end of the second when a neat backheel by Rhys Browne found the boot of Lewis Wing.

Wing’s effort from 25 yards forced Moore into making an acrobatic save by tipping it over his crossbar for a corner.

Kaiyne Woolery’s made multiple dangerous runs into the area throughout the first half, but his efforts went unrewarded as Town ended the first half a goal ahead.

Yeovil made two changes at the break with Jonny Maddison replacing Stuart Nelson in goal while Jordan Green come on for Alefe Santos.

The changes appeared to benefit Yeovil in the opening minutes of the second half as smart build up play on the edge of Swindon’s area resulted in Rhys Browne hitting a shot from distance. But his effort went wide of Moore’s left post as Yeovil continued to falter when attempting to enter Town’s area.

Scott Twine then emerged with the ball to Maddison’s right in the area. The youngster created a tight angle for himself to shoot from though as Yeovil’s replacement keeper made a comfortable save.

Ollie Banks was next to threaten for Town when his charging midfield run, aided by the referee who impeded Yeovil’s backtracking players, resulted in a strike from range which was deflected wide for a corner.

Banks threatened again from the corner when his initial effort from the back post slammed off the body of Oscar Gobern before his follow up attempt was cleared for a corner.

Swindon came close to conceding on the hour when Omar Sowunmi’s header from a Khan free kick was directed just wide.

The back-and-forth nature of the game continued when Kaiyne Woolery’s cross found Taylor in the box, but his effort was guided wide.

The visitors were eventually rewarded for their persistent efforts from outside the area when Lewis Wing connected with a strike from 20 yards out after running towards the edge of Swindon’s area unchallenged.

Matt Taylor, playing on the right, immediately re-established Town’s one-goal lead though when his deflected effort from just inside Yeovil’s area found a way past Maddison’s right glove.

Yeovil responded well to Town’s second goal and went on the search of an equaliser.

And they got it minutes before full time when Sowunmi’s flick on found Alex Fisher, whose right-footed effort beat the reach of Moore.

Timi Elsnik, replacing Scott Twine, saw a late drive flash narrowly over Maddison’s crossbar.

But time ran out for Phil Brown’s men as Swindon recorded their fourth successive draw.

Swindon Town: Stuart Moore, Ben Purkiss, Chris Hussey, Olly Lancashire (Ryan McGivern 62’), James Dunne, Marc Richards, Kaiyne Woolery (Paul Mullin 79’), Kyle Knoyle, Scott Twine (Timi Elsnik 87’), Ollie Banks, Matt Taylor.

Yeovil Town: Stuart Nelson (Jonny Maddison 45’), Bevis Mugabi, Lewis Wing, Otis Khan, Rhys Browne (Marcus Barnes 73’), Omar Sowunmi, Alex Fisher, Oscar Gobern, Tom James, Shaun Donnellan, Alefe Santos (Jordan Green 45’).