Swindon Town 3 Accrington Stanley 0

Attendance: 6,118

CHAMPIONS Accrington had the better start, with winger Jordan Clark and Kayden Jackson giving Town goalkeeper Stuart Moore a test. However it was Town who took the lead in the 14th minute when Kyle Knoyle and Paul Mullin linked up down the right with Knoyle crossing in to find goal machine Marc Richards to tap it in at the back post.

After the goal Town looked more comfortable on and off the ball with James Dunne and Richards having half-decent efforts.

Accrington eventually had two good chances with Billy Kee the one on the end of everything.

Town then doubled their lead after some superb play between James Dunne and Keshi Anderson with the latter tucking it away.

However Swindon weren’t happy with that and came so close to a third on the stroke of half-time when Richards was slipped through however the ball got stuck in his feet when he was about to pull the trigger

Half-time: Swindon 2 Accrington Stanley 0

DESPITE being second favourites for the start of the second half, Town added a third in the 55th minute through Paul Mullin superbly slotting home from a very tight angle.

The impressive performance continued and Town nearly got a fourth when Richards hit the post after a low free kick went in from Matty Taylor.

Moore then produced another fine save when former Town man Kayden Jackson hit a firm shot at goal.

Accrington brought on striker Offrande Zanzala, who has featured five times for Stanley since joining on loan in January.

In the 85th minute James Dunne got sent off after shoving Jimmy Dunne, who was also sent sent of.

But Town saw the game out and deservedly took the three points.

Full-time Swindon 3 Accrington Stanley 0

I THINK this game was crucial to most players futures at the club and boy did they perform.

My man of the match was Jordan Edwards, who had an impressive professional debut, although all players got stuck in and did their piece to put a smile on the fans who have quite often been disappointed this season.