BUSINESSES who are fundraising for Wiltshire Air Ambulance’s new airbase visited the site to see progress on the facility.

Members of The 100 Club enjoyed a breakfast networking event at Chippenham Motor Company’s Volvo showroom in Bath Road, Chippenham, and afterwards were driven in Chippenham Motor Company vehicles to the charity’s new airbase, which is under construction at Outmarsh Farm, Semington, near Melksham.

Those visiting the site included new members of The 100 Club, Ridleaves and Wellington Barn. Businesses who join The 100 Club each pledge to raise £10,000 for the charity’s Airbase Appeal to complete the building and equipping of the new airbase.

Keri Maundrell, director of events venue Wellington Barn, near Calne, said: “Wiltshire Air Ambulance’s new airbase is a much needed resource, it will provide extra space and amenities for the crew and provide more of a focal point for increased fundraising. Wiltshire Air Ambulance is a much needed service and it is reassuring to know that such a highly trained response team are readily available to help saves lives in our community.

“As we have such a beautiful venue it seemed a great fit to be able to use our space to raise funds and support such a wonderful charity.”

Another new member of The 100 Club is Renelec, which has offices in Devizes, Swindon and Oxford and provides specialised services to the construction industry.

Bernie Crew, a director of Renelec, said: “The new airbase will be a wonderful facility located in the centre of Wiltshire to provide speedy responses to emergencies in all parts of the county. Wiltshire Air Ambulance is a fantastic charity which provides a lifesaving service to all of the people of Wiltshire. We became a member of the WAA 100 Club because we want to support and raise funds for this very important charity.”

Ridleaves carries out tree surgery and arboriculture across Wiltshire and are based in Salisbury.

MD Dominic Ridley said: “We are proud to be supporting Wiltshire Air Ambulance. The new airbase is very impressive and will allow the charity to improve the vital service it offers to the people of Wiltshire. The proposed facilities available for training and staff welfare are what any business would love to have available to them.

“Our industry is relatively high risk and we work in hazardous places such as at height or in rural and isolated locations, so the air ambulance is a consideration for us every time that we start a job.”

Cheryl Johnson, head of Wiltshire Air Ambulance’s Airbase Appeal, said: “We were delighted to welcome members of our 100 Club to see the progress of work on our new airbase and would like to thank Chippenham Motor Company for hosting the networking event and providing the transport for our guests to visit.

“Our 100 Club members are helping to build a better future for Wiltshire Air Ambulance with the funds they are raising for our new airbase. We’d like to thank them all for getting on board.

Work on our new airbase is progressing well, and thanks to all the support we have received we have raised almost 85 per cent of our overall target, leaving us with just 15 per cent to complete the building and equipping it before it becomes operational by next summer.

To find out how you can get involved, including joining The 100 Club, go to or call the charity team on 01380 739453.”


Captions: 1. Members of Wiltshire Air Ambulance’s 100 Club at the charity’s new airbase under construction at Outmarsh Farm, Semington.