Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text SWINDON NEWS to 80360 or email us
Man returns to custody after violent assault
12:15pm Friday 17th January 2014 in News
A MAN who launched a violent assault while on early release from prison is back behind bars.
Scott Symmonds pleaded guilty to charges of actual bodily harm and affray when he appeared at Swindon Crown Court The 25-year-old assaulted Thomas Fenwick and committed the public order offences on Friday, November 1.
At the time he was on early release, having been jailed for four and a half years in November 2009 for wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
In that incident he had chased after his victim and cut him with a piece of broken glass he was carrying, leaving the victim in need of surgery.
Rob Ross, defending, said his client almost certainly had a personality disorder and asked for time to get a psychological report.
He said Symmonds, of Darling Close, had been recalled under the old sentence so would be in custody.
Judge Douglas Field agreed and adjourned the case to Friday, February 7 and remanded Symmonds in custody until that date.