Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text SWINDON NEWS to 80360 or email us
Bus services set to be affected by road closures from Monday
Updated 5:20pm Friday 14th February 2014 in News
THE closure of Cheney Manor Road and Newport Street from Monday will mean that bus routes serving these roads will be diverted.
Due to sewer works, from 9.30am on Monday, Cheney Manor Road will become one-way northbound at Bailey's Corner for three weeks.
Sewer works will also be taking place in Old Town causing the closure of Newport Street for five days.
Paul Jenkins, managing director of Thamesdown Transport, said: “It is likely that other services may experience possible delays due to traffic congestion in the areas affected by closures but we will make every effort to minimise this. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by these circumstances beyond our control.”
For more information, visit the Thamesdown Transport website at www.thamesdownbus.com.
BUS SERVICES TO BE AFFECTED BY BOTH ROAD CLOSURES:
• Services 13, 13A, 14 and 14A from Haydon Wick to the town centre and Eldene/Liden will be diverted from Cheney Manor Road via Akers Way and Cheney Manor Trading Estate to Rodbourne Road to regain their normal route.
• Buses will not call at Churchward Avenue West, The Manor and Scarborough Road. Nearest alternative stop for Churchward Avenue West is St Mary’s Church in Akers Way.
• A temporary stop will be available for passengers who normally use The Manor and Scarborough Road at the end of Cheney Manor Trading Estate.
• Buses will run non-stop between St Mary's Church and the temporary stop.
• In Old Town, Services 12, 15 and 70A will be diverted.
• Service 12 from the Great Western Hospital to St Andrew’s Ridge via the town centre and Service 70A from Swindon to Marlborough via Chiseldon, will not call at Newport Street Co-op, Devizes Road, Prospect, The Brow, Durham Street or Regent Circus in either direction. These services will instead be diverted to run between Old Town and Fleming Way via Drove Road.
• The nearest available alternative stops for Services 12 and 70A will be in High Street, Drove Road and Fleming Way.
• Service 15, from East Wichel to Haydon Wick via the town centre, will be diverted to run between Croft Campus and Old Town via Devizes Road and will not serve Aspect Park, Evelyn Street, Old Mill Lane and Newport Street Co-op in either direction.
• Service 15 passengers who would normally using the Aspect Park and Evelyn Street stops are advised to use Service 12 from Evelyn Street and change buses at Fleming Way.
• Passengers normally using the Old Mill Lane and Newport Street Co-op stops are advised to go to the nearest alternative stop at Devizes Road.
Comments are closed on this article.