Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text SWINDON NEWS to 80360 or email us
Men face trial on charges of raping teenage girls
2:35pm Wednesday 19th February 2014 in News
TWO men who are accused of rape and other sex offences against three teenage girls are to face trial.
Filbert Antao and Royston Gonsalves are said to have carried out the alleged offences over three days in March last year.
Antao, 22, pleaded not guilty to rape and two counts of sexual activity with a child, admitting a third count of sexual activity with a child.
Gonsalves, 25, denied the rape and all three counts of sexual activity with a child.
The pair are said to have raped one of the teenagers on Sunday March 24 and had sexual activity with a 14-year-old on the same day.
A couple of days later, on Tuesday March 26, they are said to have had sexual activity again with the 14-year-old and a 13-year-old girl.
Antao admits that on the second occasion he had sexual activity with the older girl knowing she was underage.
Judge Tim Mousley QC adjourned the case to Friday July 28 when Antao, of Axbridge Close, Park North, and Gonsalves, of Ponting Street, are to face trial.
He released them on conditional bail not to contact witnesses or have unsupervised contact with girls under 18.