Day of love and sunshine for wedding winners

Leanne Warner and Daniel Harper

Leanne Warner and Daniel Harper

First published in News by , Reporter

THE Adver’s Win Your Wedding couple Leanne Warner and Daniel Harper enjoyed a perfect day when they tied the knot on Saturday.

The newlyweds, who won the £10,000 wedding package last September, got married in front of family and friends at All Saints’ Church, in Lydiard Millicent.

Leanne, 25, and Daniel, 33, who met seven years ago, were delighted with how the day went.

Leanne said: “It feels absolutely amazing to be married and I couldn’t be happier.

“It has been really nice to welcome loads of people from our families to the service. I’m delighted we won the competition.”

Daniel said: “I’m lost for words. We just couldn’t have asked for a better day and it feels great to be man and wife.”

The couple were so determined to win the wedding competition last year that they bought 5,500 copies of the Adver at a total of £3,575 in an effort to swing the votes in their favour.

Leanne and two friends then spent four days hand cutting and stamping the vouchers from the paper to boost their chances of winning the contest.

The couple also had 6,000 flyers printed and posted through letterboxes around Swindon to encourage the public to support them.

The couple have two children together, Charlie and Alfie, as well as Shannon who is Daniel’s daughter from a previous relationship.

During the service, taken by the Rev Tudor Roberts, guests sang hymns Thine Be The Glory and Teach Me To Dance.

The Rev Roberts said: “Couples have been marrying here since the 12th century and it is amazing to think that this happy couple is joining that tradition.

“It has been great to get to know them and we really hope to see them back here together in the future.”

The couple were greeted by sunshine as they left the church and posed for pictures.

Best man Gavin Compton said: “I have known Daniel for 23 years, he is a great guy and I’m so proud of him today. It was a brilliant service and it has been a lovely day. They are a great couple and I wish them both every happiness for the future – they deserve it.”

The newlyweds held their reception at the Swindon Marriott Hotel.

Comments (16)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:50am Mon 11 Aug 14

Wigmeister says...

Ah yes, the couple who rigged the voting and cheated their way to victory and have kept a very low profile since doing so! Well done indeed.
Ah yes, the couple who rigged the voting and cheated their way to victory and have kept a very low profile since doing so! Well done indeed. Wigmeister
  • Score: 24

7:33am Mon 11 Aug 14

Sharkyharper says...

Wigmeister wrote:
Ah yes, the couple who rigged the voting and cheated their way to victory and have kept a very low profile since doing so! Well done indeed.
Zzzzzzzz

Heard it all before, not sure how we have kept a low profile. We have gone about our lives like we did before we won the competition.

Maybe you should ask how the other couples got such large voting numbers. You my friend are clueless!!!

Anyway, anyone thinking of getting married reading this..... Please consider the marriot hotel as your venue, the team there were absolutely superb and they couldn't do enough for us.

I'm now off to keep a low profile.
[quote][p][bold]Wigmeister[/bold] wrote: Ah yes, the couple who rigged the voting and cheated their way to victory and have kept a very low profile since doing so! Well done indeed.[/p][/quote]Zzzzzzzz Heard it all before, not sure how we have kept a low profile. We have gone about our lives like we did before we won the competition. Maybe you should ask how the other couples got such large voting numbers. You my friend are clueless!!! Anyway, anyone thinking of getting married reading this..... Please consider the marriot hotel as your venue, the team there were absolutely superb and they couldn't do enough for us. I'm now off to keep a low profile. Sharkyharper
  • Score: -10

8:17am Mon 11 Aug 14

AllyT says...

So you are saying that none of the winners before did the same thing ??!!?? I guess the saying speculate to accumulate comes into play. At the end of the day the couple willing to risk it won it. And good luck to them. Glad the sun shone and you had a fab day both of you. And I couldnt agree more about the Marriott... food and staff were excellent.
So you are saying that none of the winners before did the same thing ??!!?? I guess the saying speculate to accumulate comes into play. At the end of the day the couple willing to risk it won it. And good luck to them. Glad the sun shone and you had a fab day both of you. And I couldnt agree more about the Marriott... food and staff were excellent. AllyT
  • Score: -2

8:28am Mon 11 Aug 14

house on the hill says...

For me it has always been how people seem to talk about a wedding rather than a marriage and are planning for "the big day" rather than the rest of their lives. I am sue that will receive a lot of negative thumbs, but with over 1/3rd ending in divorce and another 1/3rd staying together for the wrong reasons (kids, money, fear, apathy, can't be bothered to go through all that! don't want to be on my own etc) and being unhappy, clearly far too many are getting married who shouldn't have. But a recent survey showing that the majority of people judge others on how they look it's hardy surprising it fails when built on such shallow ground!
For me it has always been how people seem to talk about a wedding rather than a marriage and are planning for "the big day" rather than the rest of their lives. I am sue that will receive a lot of negative thumbs, but with over 1/3rd ending in divorce and another 1/3rd staying together for the wrong reasons (kids, money, fear, apathy, can't be bothered to go through all that! don't want to be on my own etc) and being unhappy, clearly far too many are getting married who shouldn't have. But a recent survey showing that the majority of people judge others on how they look it's hardy surprising it fails when built on such shallow ground! house on the hill
  • Score: 5

9:56am Mon 11 Aug 14

Alan Bast*rd says...

These type of competitions are regularly rigged like the one above was. You get ugly kids winning baby contests as their parents spend all day voting for their sprog. They are not breaking any rules in doing this but it does appear a bit desperate. Good luck to them
These type of competitions are regularly rigged like the one above was. You get ugly kids winning baby contests as their parents spend all day voting for their sprog. They are not breaking any rules in doing this but it does appear a bit desperate. Good luck to them Alan Bast*rd
  • Score: 7

10:26am Mon 11 Aug 14

RED-ARMY says...

how did they know that amount of paper would win the wedding . Well from my point of veiw it was a big risk . also if a few of the other couple didnt phone the the advertister saying they were cheating because they was walking the street posting leaflets to get votes . Aslo messaging the couple telling them they are cheating and it was unfair . Well no one was stopping them from doing the same thing . There was no rules saying you couldnt post leaflets or buy as many papers as you can so there was no cheating going on . Any way what a amazing day it was and so happy to be a part of a great day
how did they know that amount of paper would win the wedding . Well from my point of veiw it was a big risk . also if a few of the other couple didnt phone the the advertister saying they were cheating because they was walking the street posting leaflets to get votes . Aslo messaging the couple telling them they are cheating and it was unfair . Well no one was stopping them from doing the same thing . There was no rules saying you couldnt post leaflets or buy as many papers as you can so there was no cheating going on . Any way what a amazing day it was and so happy to be a part of a great day RED-ARMY
  • Score: -5

11:49am Mon 11 Aug 14

Wigmeister says...

Sharkyharper wrote:
Wigmeister wrote:
Ah yes, the couple who rigged the voting and cheated their way to victory and have kept a very low profile since doing so! Well done indeed.
Zzzzzzzz

Heard it all before, not sure how we have kept a low profile. We have gone about our lives like we did before we won the competition.

Maybe you should ask how the other couples got such large voting numbers. You my friend are clueless!!!

Anyway, anyone thinking of getting married reading this..... Please consider the marriot hotel as your venue, the team there were absolutely superb and they couldn't do enough for us.

I'm now off to keep a low profile.
Heard it all before? I bet you have! That'll be other people agreeing with me then...blatant cheating, end of. Any other public vote fixed like this would have been declared null & void. And as for recommending the Marriott, they only bent over backwards for you because the Adver was watching. Cheat, cheat, cheat!
[quote][p][bold]Sharkyharper[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Wigmeister[/bold] wrote: Ah yes, the couple who rigged the voting and cheated their way to victory and have kept a very low profile since doing so! Well done indeed.[/p][/quote]Zzzzzzzz Heard it all before, not sure how we have kept a low profile. We have gone about our lives like we did before we won the competition. Maybe you should ask how the other couples got such large voting numbers. You my friend are clueless!!! Anyway, anyone thinking of getting married reading this..... Please consider the marriot hotel as your venue, the team there were absolutely superb and they couldn't do enough for us. I'm now off to keep a low profile.[/p][/quote]Heard it all before? I bet you have! That'll be other people agreeing with me then...blatant cheating, end of. Any other public vote fixed like this would have been declared null & void. And as for recommending the Marriott, they only bent over backwards for you because the Adver was watching. Cheat, cheat, cheat! Wigmeister
  • Score: 10

12:34pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Sharkyharper says...

Wigmeister wrote:
Sharkyharper wrote:
Wigmeister wrote:
Ah yes, the couple who rigged the voting and cheated their way to victory and have kept a very low profile since doing so! Well done indeed.
Zzzzzzzz

Heard it all before, not sure how we have kept a low profile. We have gone about our lives like we did before we won the competition.

Maybe you should ask how the other couples got such large voting numbers. You my friend are clueless!!!

Anyway, anyone thinking of getting married reading this..... Please consider the marriot hotel as your venue, the team there were absolutely superb and they couldn't do enough for us.

I'm now off to keep a low profile.
Heard it all before? I bet you have! That'll be other people agreeing with me then...blatant cheating, end of. Any other public vote fixed like this would have been declared null & void. And as for recommending the Marriott, they only bent over backwards for you because the Adver was watching. Cheat, cheat, cheat!
Wigmeister - first of all, the advertiser were not at the reception so the marriot imo didn't put on a special show for them as they wasn't even there. I honestly believe this exceptional service they gave to us is the service they give to all of their customers.

When posting public messages you should be very careful especially when it is slanderous..... If you continue to make false accusations about me and my character then your comments may get used against you in a court of law. ;)

If we cheated.... Which we didn't then the advertiser would have gave the prize to the 2nd placed couple. Just for the record the couple who finished 2nd apparently got over 4k votes..... How do you think they got them..... Oh yeah, by going out and buying papers. It was the nature of the beast, it was unfortunate for the other couples who spent money and didn't win... But if that's how a couple decided to do it then we all ran the risk.

Anyway enough of the negativity, I have to pack for my honeymoon :)
[quote][p][bold]Wigmeister[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sharkyharper[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Wigmeister[/bold] wrote: Ah yes, the couple who rigged the voting and cheated their way to victory and have kept a very low profile since doing so! Well done indeed.[/p][/quote]Zzzzzzzz Heard it all before, not sure how we have kept a low profile. We have gone about our lives like we did before we won the competition. Maybe you should ask how the other couples got such large voting numbers. You my friend are clueless!!! Anyway, anyone thinking of getting married reading this..... Please consider the marriot hotel as your venue, the team there were absolutely superb and they couldn't do enough for us. I'm now off to keep a low profile.[/p][/quote]Heard it all before? I bet you have! That'll be other people agreeing with me then...blatant cheating, end of. Any other public vote fixed like this would have been declared null & void. And as for recommending the Marriott, they only bent over backwards for you because the Adver was watching. Cheat, cheat, cheat![/p][/quote]Wigmeister - first of all, the advertiser were not at the reception so the marriot imo didn't put on a special show for them as they wasn't even there. I honestly believe this exceptional service they gave to us is the service they give to all of their customers. When posting public messages you should be very careful especially when it is slanderous..... If you continue to make false accusations about me and my character then your comments may get used against you in a court of law. ;) If we cheated.... Which we didn't then the advertiser would have gave the prize to the 2nd placed couple. Just for the record the couple who finished 2nd apparently got over 4k votes..... How do you think they got them..... Oh yeah, by going out and buying papers. It was the nature of the beast, it was unfortunate for the other couples who spent money and didn't win... But if that's how a couple decided to do it then we all ran the risk. Anyway enough of the negativity, I have to pack for my honeymoon :) Sharkyharper
  • Score: -11

12:50pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Ian501Sqdn says...

Best of luck to you both
Best of luck to you both Ian501Sqdn
  • Score: -6

1:03pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Sharkyharper says...

Ian501Sqdn wrote:
Best of luck to you both
Thank you
[quote][p][bold]Ian501Sqdn[/bold] wrote: Best of luck to you both[/p][/quote]Thank you Sharkyharper
  • Score: -11

1:03pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Sharkyharper says...

RED-ARMY wrote:
how did they know that amount of paper would win the wedding . Well from my point of veiw it was a big risk . also if a few of the other couple didnt phone the the advertister saying they were cheating because they was walking the street posting leaflets to get votes . Aslo messaging the couple telling them they are cheating and it was unfair . Well no one was stopping them from doing the same thing . There was no rules saying you couldnt post leaflets or buy as many papers as you can so there was no cheating going on . Any way what a amazing day it was and so happy to be a part of a great day
Who are you red army? :)
[quote][p][bold]RED-ARMY[/bold] wrote: how did they know that amount of paper would win the wedding . Well from my point of veiw it was a big risk . also if a few of the other couple didnt phone the the advertister saying they were cheating because they was walking the street posting leaflets to get votes . Aslo messaging the couple telling them they are cheating and it was unfair . Well no one was stopping them from doing the same thing . There was no rules saying you couldnt post leaflets or buy as many papers as you can so there was no cheating going on . Any way what a amazing day it was and so happy to be a part of a great day[/p][/quote]Who are you red army? :) Sharkyharper
  • Score: -9

1:04pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Sharkyharper says...

AllyT wrote:
So you are saying that none of the winners before did the same thing ??!!?? I guess the saying speculate to accumulate comes into play. At the end of the day the couple willing to risk it won it. And good luck to them. Glad the sun shone and you had a fab day both of you. And I couldnt agree more about the Marriott... food and staff were excellent.
Thanks ally. ;)
[quote][p][bold]AllyT[/bold] wrote: So you are saying that none of the winners before did the same thing ??!!?? I guess the saying speculate to accumulate comes into play. At the end of the day the couple willing to risk it won it. And good luck to them. Glad the sun shone and you had a fab day both of you. And I couldnt agree more about the Marriott... food and staff were excellent.[/p][/quote]Thanks ally. ;) Sharkyharper
  • Score: -10

1:07pm Mon 11 Aug 14

hayley-lou says...

Some one sounds a tad jealous!! Lol. Was a lovely day and they both deserved it! If they were cheating they would of been kicked out!!?? You aint no judge so just get over it loser!
Some one sounds a tad jealous!! Lol. Was a lovely day and they both deserved it! If they were cheating they would of been kicked out!!?? You aint no judge so just get over it loser! hayley-lou
  • Score: -8

1:24pm Mon 11 Aug 14

RED-ARMY says...

Sharkyharper wrote:
RED-ARMY wrote:
how did they know that amount of paper would win the wedding . Well from my point of veiw it was a big risk . also if a few of the other couple didnt phone the the advertister saying they were cheating because they was walking the street posting leaflets to get votes . Aslo messaging the couple telling them they are cheating and it was unfair . Well no one was stopping them from doing the same thing . There was no rules saying you couldnt post leaflets or buy as many papers as you can so there was no cheating going on . Any way what a amazing day it was and so happy to be a part of a great day
Who are you red army? :)
The best man
[quote][p][bold]Sharkyharper[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RED-ARMY[/bold] wrote: how did they know that amount of paper would win the wedding . Well from my point of veiw it was a big risk . also if a few of the other couple didnt phone the the advertister saying they were cheating because they was walking the street posting leaflets to get votes . Aslo messaging the couple telling them they are cheating and it was unfair . Well no one was stopping them from doing the same thing . There was no rules saying you couldnt post leaflets or buy as many papers as you can so there was no cheating going on . Any way what a amazing day it was and so happy to be a part of a great day[/p][/quote]Who are you red army? :)[/p][/quote]The best man RED-ARMY
  • Score: -8

2:46pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Coolhandkeith says...

Let's be honest about this it was not a win your wedding competition it was a Dutch auction there were no judges or prolonged interviews or public vote the winners were whoever purchased the most newspapers so whoever spent the most money were deemed the winners the adver put together a few companies who advertise with them to offer their services in return for some good press time and write up it didn't cost the adver anything the contestants per say bought thousands of copies of the adver putting their circulation way up no doubt which made up for previous poor sales good luck to the couple who won fairly and squarely it sound like they had a wonderful day
Let's be honest about this it was not a win your wedding competition it was a Dutch auction there were no judges or prolonged interviews or public vote the winners were whoever purchased the most newspapers so whoever spent the most money were deemed the winners the adver put together a few companies who advertise with them to offer their services in return for some good press time and write up it didn't cost the adver anything the contestants per say bought thousands of copies of the adver putting their circulation way up no doubt which made up for previous poor sales good luck to the couple who won fairly and squarely it sound like they had a wonderful day Coolhandkeith
  • Score: 1

7:28pm Mon 11 Aug 14

Localboy86 says...

Fair play to them, nothing wrong with showing a little intuition. Not sure I would have been brave enough to buy that many papers, what did you do with them?
Fair play to them, nothing wrong with showing a little intuition. Not sure I would have been brave enough to buy that many papers, what did you do with them? Localboy86
  • Score: -6

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree