Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text SWINDON NEWS to 80360 or email us
XMAS COUNTDOWN: It's party time!
1:02pm Thursday 6th December 2012 in Christmas 2012
- At the Premier Blunsdon House Hotel, party options start at £29.50, which buys a four-course British dinner, Skywalker disco and laser show. Other options include various locations and food choices, and even Robbie Williams Tribute Party Nights at £34.95.
The hotel will also be hosting a sumptuous Christmas Day lunch with all the trimmings at £85 per adult, £29.50 for under-12s and £16 for babies in high chairs.
Further information is available on 01793 720617 and via www.blunsdonhouse.co.uk
- Rudis Bar & Kitchen, opposite the Central Library, has a Christmas menu with three courses for £19.95 and two for £17.95. Starters include roasted tomato soup with warm rustic bread, baked filled mushrooms topped with grilled goats’ cheese and red onion marmalade, and pickled vegetables and capers with wholemeal bread and butter.
Mains range from roast sirloin of British beef to baked vegetarian strudel.
The dessert menu has chocolate roulade with fresh strawberries and chocolate sauce, traditional Eton Mess with wild berry coulis, cream and meringue, and white chocolate and blueberry cheesecake. Rudis also has a selection of party buffet options starting at £25. It can be contacted on 01793 523892 and via www.rudisbar.com
- Newly-refurbished Twenty at the Kings in Wood Street offers a variety of party menus: a three-course lunch at £17.95 per per person, its Grand Christmas Buffet at £25 per person and an evening four-course dinner at £25.95 per person. All parties will have a 1980s theme, from staff outfits to the food itself, and anybody booking a party of a dozen or more goes free. The venue ca be reached on 01793 522156 and at email@example.com
- The Sun Inn at Coate’s Christmas party menu has starters including deep fried brie with cranberry sauce, duck and orange pate with farmhouse toast and chutney, and pea and mint soup with fresh bread and a red pepper and garlic butter, all at £4.
Mains, priced at £8, include stuffed turkey breast wrapped in bacon with seasonal vegetables, roast potatoes, pigs in blankets and cranberry sauce. Other options include salmon and asparagus pie and Moroccan lamb.
Desserts cost £4 and range from traditional Christmas pudding with brandy ice-cream to lime and ginger cheesecake with fresh cream. Further information can be found at /www.suninn-swindon.co.uk and on 01793 523292.
- In Wanborough, the £24.95 Christmas menu at the Cross Keys, which runs until December 23, offers a choice of four starters, four main courses and three desserts with coffee or one of a selection of teas to finish.
Starters range from vegetable soup with croutons to Craigellachie smoked salmon and melba toast and the mains from traditional turkey breast wrapped in bacon with all the trimmings to home made mushroom and asparagus pie.
Dessert choices are traditional Christmas pudding, home made strawberry and white chocolate cheesecake and home made mince pies with clotted cream or brandy butter. Call 01793 790302 or visit www.thecrosskeyswanborough.com
- At Wroughton landmark The Check Inn, the Christmas party menu is served until December 24. The price is £29.95 per person for a minimum of two people, and there are three choices of starter: prawn crackers, Siam platter or Tom Yum Goong soup.
After a sorbet, they can then choose from green turkey curry, stir-fried beef with Thai herbs, stir-fried prawns with broccoli and roast duck with tamarind sauce, all with stir-fried vegetables or egg-fried rice. The dessert options are lemon possett, tiramisu and Christmas pudding, with tea or coffee plus mince pies to finish.
On Christmas Day, the £49.95 dinner menu will offer a choice of four starters, four main courses and four desserts, again followed by tea or coffee and mince pies. Further information can be found on 01793 331428 and at www.thecheckinn.co.uk
- At The Bolingbroke Arms at Hook, near Royal Wootton Bassett, the lunchtime Christmas party menu offers three courses for £20.95 or two for £15.95, while the evening one offers three courses for £27.95.
Courses range from traditional turkey to roasted butternut squash, and the venue promises something to suit all tastes in high quality food. Christmas Day lunch will be available at £70 for adults and £25 for children, and further details can be obtained by calling 01793 852357 or visiting www.thebolingbroke.co.uk
Comments are closed on this article.