DAVE Webb admits Supermarine's postponed fixture at Shortwood probably came as a blessing in disguise.

Heavy rain caused the Division One South & West clash to be called off, giving the likes of striker Josh Parsons (Achilles), midfielder Rob Dean (ankle) and full-back Danny Allen (knee) more recovery time.

And boss Webb believes the game's postponement was positive from that point of view.

He said: “Those three I'm sure were relatively pleased the game was off.

“It's never ideal not to play but those injuries may or may not have hampered us.

“It's given those players another week to recover fully, so it may work in our favour.”

Webb gave his players the day off in the absence of a fixture, but did not afford himself the same luxury as he spent his day watching the clash between Marine's top-end rivals, Hungerford and Tiverton “I'm spoiling them, that's two days they have had this week,” he joked.

“They have worked so hard and deserve a little break, but rest assured we'll have a full quota for training on Tuesday and Thursday.

“We're going to train on the astroturf at Swindon Academy as the (Webb's Wood Stadium) pitch is still a bit wet.”

Meanwhile, Webb insists striker TJ Bohane is very much still in his plans over the coming months.

Ash Edenborough and Josh Parsons have been in superb form up top of late, while Josh Fowler has impressed since arriving from Shrivenham.

Bohane is currently on loan at Highworth, but Webb says the door is open for him to return at any time.

“We've left it open (the length of the loan),” he said.

“Ash and Josh are scoring freely at the moment and Josh Fowler has come off the bench and made an impact.

“We have four forwards and two of them are keeping the other two on their toes.

“We didn't have that before when TJ was injured and we didn't have Josh on board, but now we do and it's exactly what we need.”

Elsewhere in the division, Cirencester had no game scheduled while in the Southern Premier, Chippenham ended their run of three league games without a win.

The Bluebirds triumphed 2-0 at St Albans courtesy of goals in each half from recent recruit Tom Knighton and ex-Supermarine striker Alan Griffin.

Knighton put the visitors in front after 24 minutes when Danny Gordon headed up into the air and the former Yate man sent a spectacular scissors kick over the head of keeper Nick Jupp and into the net.

Griffin made sure of three points five minutes from the end when he hooked past Jupp after Steve Casey had flicked on Adie Harris' free kick.

Meanwhile, defender Tom Seery has left Hardenhuish Park to join Yate.

The former Bristol Rovers academy man has found his opportunities limited this season, having made just three substitute appearances.