SWINDON TOWN: Town reveal Villa friendly

Swindon Town will face an Aston Villa XI on Saturday, with kick-off at 3pm

Swindon Town will face an Aston Villa XI on Saturday, with kick-off at 3pm

First published in Sport by

SWINDON Town will host an Aston Villa XI at the County Ground on Saturday in a pre-season friendly.

Entry for the game is priced at £5 per adult and £1 for children, with only the Arkell's Stand open to fans.

Tickets will be available to purchase on the day at the ground or in advance from  www.eticketing.co.uk/swindontown. Kick-off is scheduled for 3pm.

Comments (22)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

3:14pm Wed 30 Jul 14

port de soller says...

Do they need the gate money??? does seem so so funny
Do they need the gate money??? does seem so so funny port de soller
  • Score: -23

3:42pm Wed 30 Jul 14

Since 1950 says...

I don't think it would have hurt them on this one occasion to have let season ticket holders in FOC as a gesture for their continued support.
I don't think it would have hurt them on this one occasion to have let season ticket holders in FOC as a gesture for their continued support. Since 1950
  • Score: -9

3:46pm Wed 30 Jul 14

EastleazeRed says...

:-D
:-D EastleazeRed
  • Score: -7

4:33pm Wed 30 Jul 14

Swindon1984 says...

Since 1950 wrote:
I don't think it would have hurt them on this one occasion to have let season ticket holders in FOC as a gesture for their continued support.
Agreed - not a season ticket holder myself for travel reasons but as you say it would've been a nice gesture, especially when a full fifteen pounds was being charged for the Leeds game. A Villa XI would imply a reserve/youth team so doubt it'll be a big drawer as it is, so the gesture may have meant more than any revenue they're likely to get.
[quote][p][bold]Since 1950[/bold] wrote: I don't think it would have hurt them on this one occasion to have let season ticket holders in FOC as a gesture for their continued support.[/p][/quote]Agreed - not a season ticket holder myself for travel reasons but as you say it would've been a nice gesture, especially when a full fifteen pounds was being charged for the Leeds game. A Villa XI would imply a reserve/youth team so doubt it'll be a big drawer as it is, so the gesture may have meant more than any revenue they're likely to get. Swindon1984
  • Score: -7

4:42pm Wed 30 Jul 14

Custodian says...

Probably a Villa youth team.
Probably a Villa youth team. Custodian
  • Score: 1

4:50pm Wed 30 Jul 14

Paul12001 says...

Wow it never ceases to amaze me how people just want to moan moan moan no matter what! Moan because the games have been £15, ok fair enough I agree a bit too steep for a pre season game, now the club make it £5 and £1 and people moan and say it should be free! I'm sure there will have to be stewards and other staff that cost, the club is not blessed with lots of money so I would imagine they are trying to cover costs rather than run it at a loss.

Seriously people, cut the moaning, if you don't want to pay £5 then don't go simple as that
Wow it never ceases to amaze me how people just want to moan moan moan no matter what! Moan because the games have been £15, ok fair enough I agree a bit too steep for a pre season game, now the club make it £5 and £1 and people moan and say it should be free! I'm sure there will have to be stewards and other staff that cost, the club is not blessed with lots of money so I would imagine they are trying to cover costs rather than run it at a loss. Seriously people, cut the moaning, if you don't want to pay £5 then don't go simple as that Paul12001
  • Score: 64

4:54pm Wed 30 Jul 14

Wilesy says...

£5 to watch the Town play seems very reasonable.

Yes they do need the gate money! Why should it be free? Some are never happy!
£5 to watch the Town play seems very reasonable. Yes they do need the gate money! Why should it be free? Some are never happy! Wilesy
  • Score: 34

5:16pm Wed 30 Jul 14

We are PANTS says...

Wilesy wrote:
£5 to watch the Town play seems very reasonable.

Yes they do need the gate money! Why should it be free? Some are never happy!
Well said that man.....
[quote][p][bold]Wilesy[/bold] wrote: £5 to watch the Town play seems very reasonable. Yes they do need the gate money! Why should it be free? Some are never happy![/p][/quote]Well said that man..... We are PANTS
  • Score: 19

5:17pm Wed 30 Jul 14

robstfc says...

£5 entry.... at last Town, this is what you should have been charging for the last two friendly's.....

Of cause it shouldn't be free.....!

Stop the moaning & get to the CG to support the town! COYR's
£5 entry.... at last Town, this is what you should have been charging for the last two friendly's..... Of cause it shouldn't be free.....! Stop the moaning & get to the CG to support the town! COYR's robstfc
  • Score: 19

5:27pm Wed 30 Jul 14

swwindon61uk says...

I shall go and quite looking forward to it,even if it is the Villa young guns,they are good side.
I shall go and quite looking forward to it,even if it is the Villa young guns,they are good side. swwindon61uk
  • Score: 11

6:06pm Wed 30 Jul 14

Rgbargee says...

Why not free to get in and 10 quid to get out?
Why not free to get in and 10 quid to get out? Rgbargee
  • Score: 18

6:06pm Wed 30 Jul 14

melnursesear. says...

Asides...anyone see that story about an obnoxious smell over Poxford..In I think the Independant.Yesterda
y...I would have thought it obvious where the Pong was coming from..!
Asides...anyone see that story about an obnoxious smell over Poxford..In I think the Independant.Yesterda y...I would have thought it obvious where the Pong was coming from..! melnursesear.
  • Score: 0

6:25pm Wed 30 Jul 14

smirg kcab says...

Swindon1984 wrote:
Since 1950 wrote:
I don't think it would have hurt them on this one occasion to have let season ticket holders in FOC as a gesture for their continued support.
Agreed - not a season ticket holder myself for travel reasons but as you say it would've been a nice gesture, especially when a full fifteen pounds was being charged for the Leeds game. A Villa XI would imply a reserve/youth team so doubt it'll be a big drawer as it is, so the gesture may have meant more than any revenue they're likely to get.
Free free? This is stfc your talking about.
[quote][p][bold]Swindon1984[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Since 1950[/bold] wrote: I don't think it would have hurt them on this one occasion to have let season ticket holders in FOC as a gesture for their continued support.[/p][/quote]Agreed - not a season ticket holder myself for travel reasons but as you say it would've been a nice gesture, especially when a full fifteen pounds was being charged for the Leeds game. A Villa XI would imply a reserve/youth team so doubt it'll be a big drawer as it is, so the gesture may have meant more than any revenue they're likely to get.[/p][/quote]Free free? This is stfc your talking about. smirg kcab
  • Score: -15

6:26pm Wed 30 Jul 14

smirg kcab says...

We are PANTS wrote:
Wilesy wrote:
£5 to watch the Town play seems very reasonable.

Yes they do need the gate money! Why should it be free? Some are never happy!
Well said that man.....
You don't go, so you give nothing to the club anyway loser
[quote][p][bold]We are PANTS[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Wilesy[/bold] wrote: £5 to watch the Town play seems very reasonable. Yes they do need the gate money! Why should it be free? Some are never happy![/p][/quote]Well said that man.....[/p][/quote]You don't go, so you give nothing to the club anyway loser smirg kcab
  • Score: -11

6:33pm Wed 30 Jul 14

subbuteoles says...

melnursesear. wrote:
Asides...anyone see that story about an obnoxious smell over Poxford..In I think the Independant.Yesterda

y...I would have thought it obvious where the Pong was coming from..!
With a s**t ground one side of the road and a sewage works on the other it did,nt take them long to find out where the pong was coming from!.
[quote][p][bold]melnursesear.[/bold] wrote: Asides...anyone see that story about an obnoxious smell over Poxford..In I think the Independant.Yesterda y...I would have thought it obvious where the Pong was coming from..![/p][/quote]With a s**t ground one side of the road and a sewage works on the other it did,nt take them long to find out where the pong was coming from!. subbuteoles
  • Score: 1

7:19pm Wed 30 Jul 14

port de soller says...

-11 normal,yet why this game if not for gate money??? B/&S we need bla bla sorry
-11 normal,yet why this game if not for gate money??? B/&S we need bla bla sorry port de soller
  • Score: -20

9:13pm Wed 30 Jul 14

smirg kcab says...

No bye in first round of jpt
Vanishing spray to be used, along with our vanishing forward
No bye in first round of jpt Vanishing spray to be used, along with our vanishing forward smirg kcab
  • Score: -12

9:24pm Wed 30 Jul 14

RamsburyRed says...

port de soller wrote:
-11 normal,yet why this game if not for gate money??? B/&S we need bla bla sorry
Cooper explains why he wants the game in another article. And £5 is hardly going to bring in much, so no, it's not just for the money.
[quote][p][bold]port de soller[/bold] wrote: -11 normal,yet why this game if not for gate money??? B/&S we need bla bla sorry[/p][/quote]Cooper explains why he wants the game in another article. And £5 is hardly going to bring in much, so no, it's not just for the money. RamsburyRed
  • Score: 4

10:23pm Wed 30 Jul 14

We are PANTS says...

smirg kcab wrote:
We are PANTS wrote:
Wilesy wrote:
£5 to watch the Town play seems very reasonable.

Yes they do need the gate money! Why should it be free? Some are never happy!
Well said that man.....
You don't go, so you give nothing to the club anyway loser
You are such a tw#t!!
[quote][p][bold]smirg kcab[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]We are PANTS[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Wilesy[/bold] wrote: £5 to watch the Town play seems very reasonable. Yes they do need the gate money! Why should it be free? Some are never happy![/p][/quote]Well said that man.....[/p][/quote]You don't go, so you give nothing to the club anyway loser[/p][/quote]You are such a tw#t!! We are PANTS
  • Score: 3

8:09am Thu 31 Jul 14

The artist formerly known as Marmite Soldier says...

port de soller wrote:
-11 normal,yet why this game if not for gate money??? B/&S we need bla bla sorry
??? Another post from Spain which leaves us wondering what language it was written in.
[quote][p][bold]port de soller[/bold] wrote: -11 normal,yet why this game if not for gate money??? B/&S we need bla bla sorry[/p][/quote]??? Another post from Spain which leaves us wondering what language it was written in. The artist formerly known as Marmite Soldier
  • Score: 5

9:03am Thu 31 Jul 14

Northern Red says...

Rgbargee wrote:
Why not free to get in and 10 quid to get out?
It should permanently be 5 quid early exit fee, for those who sneak out on 85 minutes. Free exit only after the full time whistle.
[quote][p][bold]Rgbargee[/bold] wrote: Why not free to get in and 10 quid to get out?[/p][/quote]It should permanently be 5 quid early exit fee, for those who sneak out on 85 minutes. Free exit only after the full time whistle. Northern Red
  • Score: 5

11:51am Thu 31 Jul 14

billbst says...

Villa's first team are playing Groningen over the weekend and their development squad are playing tonight. Not exactly a game Villa would have been looking for. So is it a Sherlock or Cleuso moment to suggest that we might have been talking to them about a young striker. Graham Burke or Callum Robinson? Jack Grealish would have been great but he seems to have broken into the first team now. Back to the padded room.
Villa's first team are playing Groningen over the weekend and their development squad are playing tonight. Not exactly a game Villa would have been looking for. So is it a Sherlock or Cleuso moment to suggest that we might have been talking to them about a young striker. Graham Burke or Callum Robinson? Jack Grealish would have been great but he seems to have broken into the first team now. Back to the padded room. billbst
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree