CIRENCESTER’S record moved to one win in 12 in Division One South & West after a 2-1 defeat at home to in-form Yate.

While the visiting outfit set a new club record of eight league wins on the spin on their visit to the Corinium, Cirencester’s season continues to head in the opposite direction.

Yate opened the scoring 19 minutes in when James Mortimer-Jones was deemed to have pulled Mike Bryant in the penalty area and Scott Wilson sent Glyn Garner the wrong way with the spot kick.

Wilson might have extended the advantage when he volleyed over Matt Groves’ cross from seven yards, before Ciren were given a golden chance to get back in the game.

Aidan Bennett crashed to the deck under a challenge from Groves and referee Derek Eaton once more awarded a penalty, but striker Sam Collier saw his effort palmed away by Lubos Ancin.

Collier swiftly made amends just after the half-hour mark when his long-range free kick somehow squirmed through Ancin’s grasp and over the line.

Jake Cox was fortunate to escape with only a yellow card for scything down Bennett from behind, before Yate took the lead once more after the break, Mitchell Page firing into the top corner from just inside the box.

The hosts had several chances to equalise with Ancin brilliantly tipping over a Josh Morse drive from the edge of the box, while Wilson and Bryant went close for the away side.

But Ciren were left kicking themselves when Mortimer-Jones crashed against the post from 25 yards, and the same man was twice denied by Ancin late on after being sent clear by Ben Wells.

Elsewhere in the division, Supermarine’s game at home to Bridgwater was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

In the Southern Premier, Chippenham were denied a first league win since December 1 by a late Bedford equaliser.

Dean Griffiths gave Chippenham the lead after just two minutes but the Bluebirds - who had Adie Harris sent off for the second time in three games - were left cursing their luck in the third minute of injury-time.

Keeper Ben John saved a penalty from Eugene Libertucci but Steve Kinniburgh was on hand to net a dramatic equaliser.