AN inquest has heard how a ‘beautiful’ teenager committed suicide following a battle with several mental health problems.

In June, Jessica Farrow, known as Jess, was found dead having hung herself from the bed in her room.

The 15-year-old student, as aspiring dancer, was discovered by her step-mother and father, Lisa and Gary, in the Pinehurst house where she lived.

Described as caring and much-loved by her family, Jess had increasingly suffered with ‘low moods’, resulting in her self-harming and developing an eating disorder to cope.

Jess was referred to Marlborough House, an outpatient service in Swindon, for help with her eating disorder where she received help from doctors over several weeks.

Along with all her family, support was given but it was not believed at this stage she had developed suicidal thoughts. In fact, the weekend before her death Jess was described as coming across as more positive than normal.

Speaking at the inquest, Jess’ tearful mother Joanne Guiney said: “The Friday before she seemed quite happy. She was seeing all her friends that night and she seemed normal.

“On the Saturday, she spent the day with her little brother. The Sunday was like any other Sunday. We stayed in and watched Disney films.

“That evening she went home to her dads where she lived. I phoned her later and she told me not to forget we were meeting the following day for lunch.

“I said I never would and that was the last time I spoke to her.”

The next morning Jess was found dead by her devastated family.

In the months that followed, her relations launched a campaign to have a Boeing aircraft named after her.

Speaking at the time, aunt Joanne Farrow said: "She was an amazingly talented young girl and it would be so good for her dad, step mum, siblings and all her family who love her so dearly to see something of such meaning carrying Jess's name - what an honour that would be if we could do it.”

During the inquest, a number of questions were asked about the care she received from Marlborough House, run by Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.

None were said to have contributed to her death, and issues such as the recording of risk assessments and communications with GPs have since been addressed.

In her final meeting at Marlborough House, Jess was referred for Outreach Work, which would have meant she had someone to contact out of hours.

This level of support had not been available and assistant coroner Claire Balysz heard in the days prior to her death, Jess had referred to a Pandora’s Box being opened in her head, possibly indicating that now she had started talking more openly extra out-of-hours support could be needed.

It was decided Jess had received the right support at the time but the possibility of setting up a hotline could be looked at in the future.

Having listened to evidence for several hours, Mrs Balysz concluded Jess had intended to take her own life and therefore recorded a verdict of suicide.