FIREFIGHTERS were called to a Park South block of flats after burning food set off alarms.

Three crews from Swindon, Westlea and Stratton fire stations rushed to George Hall Court, Cavendish Square.

The fire service were alerted automatically by the building's fire alarms. Crews arrived shortly before 1pm on Saturday afternoon.

It turned out to be a false alarm, caused by fumes from one of the resident's lunch cooking.

Seen 999 crews at an incident? Call the newsroom on 01793 501806 or message us on Facebook.