SWINDON Town opened their pre-season campaign with a comfortable 3-1 win against local non-league side Cirencester Town at the Corinium Stadium tonight.

Phil Brown’s troops scored twice through trialists in the first half before Keshi Anderson put them three goals to the good soon after the restart.

Eight trialists were fielded in total, while new signings Jermaine McGlashan and Steven Alzate made their first appearances for Town.

Matt Taylor and Joe Romanski, both of whom agreed new deals to remain at the Energy Check County Ground during the off-season, also featured, while Lawrence Vigouroux returned in goal following his loan spell at Irish side Waterford.

One notable absentee was Stuart Moore, who was replaced as back-up goalkeeper by former Plymouth Argyle stopper Luke McCormick, who is understood to be on trial at the club.

Town started the game with intent, and two trialists shot from close range but without success.

The home side grew into the game having suffered an early wobble, but Romanski, who performed consistently throughout his 50-minute stint, cut out both efforts.

Swindon should’ve taken the lead on 13 minutes when a ball from the right met the feet of a trialist on the edge of a six-yard box. The forward fumbled his chance, though, as Cirencester remained level.

Vigouroux was forced into his first save on 26 minutes when a looping header from a corner was comfortably caught.

Town responded when Taylor won a free-kick in a dangerous position on the edge of the box.

Taylor’s ball in was hit long and put back into play by a trialist with an accurate pass. That met Chris Robertson, whose volley was sent high over the Cirencester goal.

Scott Twine in the centre and McGlashan on the right looked to link up well before the former blasted a free-kick from a dangerous position into the home side’s wall.

While chances were aplenty, it took Town just over half-an-hour to open their account when a trialist latched onto a ball from the right for a simple close-range conversion.

Vigouroux had to be on guard on more than one occasion as Town sat back following their goal.

The 24-year-old made a comfortable save from a lobbed effort before Swindon were forced into blocking a series of shots from the hosts.

A trialist scored Town’s second goal moments before half-time when comfortably finishing a one-on-one attempt, having been sent through from the centre circle.

Nine changes were made at half-time, with only Robertson and Romanski kept on , although both were subbed 10 minutes into the second half.

Alzate, Anderson, Kyle Knoyle, Luke Haines, Harry Stanley, James Dunne, Ellis Iandolo and Jordan Young all took to the field, with three trialists to complete the 11.

Anderson immediately threatened and was rewarded with a goal when receiving a ball from the edge of the box to convert comfortably.

Anderson could’ve doubled his tally minutes later when receiving the ball in space on the left, but after edging into the box, he shot wide.

Dunne almost hit the back of the net with an ambitious effort after being sent through by Anderson on 77 minutes, but the midfielder’s effort went over the bar.

Cirencester bagged a consolation goal before the final whistle when Aidan Bennett received the ball in the centre before calmly finishing past McCormick.

Town are back in pre-season action on Saturday morning when they travel to Melksham (11.30am).