MILTON Keynes Dons were knocked off top spot in Sky Bet League Two after Ben Kennedy's last-minute free-kick lifted Stevenage to a 3-2 victory at the Lamex Stadium.

The Dons had gone into the international break on a 10-match unbeaten sequence in the league but fell behind in the 21st minute when Steve Seddon struck.

Rhys Healey fired the Dons level eight minutes later, while Kieran Agard headed them in front midway through the second half.

The Dons were still leading up until the 84th minute, when Scott Cuthbert drew Boro level before Kennedy settled matters.

Lincoln City therefore reclaimed top spot by virtue of goal difference following a 1-1 draw at home to Mansfield Town.

Substitute Kellen Gordon looked to have secured three points for the Imps when he struck four minutes before the end of normal time.

But Jacob Mellis rescued a point for the Stags in the third of five minutes of added time.

First-half goals from Will Boyle and Tyrone Barnett helped struggling Cheltenham Town to back-to-back victories after they edged out Newport County 2-1.

Mickey Demetriou missed an 86th-minute penalty and although Antoine Semenyo did pull one back, the Robins were able to hold on for all three points.

Newport were leapfrogged by Colchester United, who moved into third despite being pegged back by Exeter City in a 1-1 draw.

Sammie Szmodics had put Colchester ahead midway through the second half, but the lead lasted just three minutes as Jayden Stockley equalised.

Managerless Macclesfield Town remain rooted to the bottom, but claimed just the second win of their season after beating Yeovil Town 1-0 thanks to Michael Rose's penalty.

Kristian Dennis' opener was cancelled out by Kevin Ellison as Notts County drew 1-1 at Morecambe.

Connor Jennings rescued a 1-1 draw for Tranmere Rovers against Oldham Athletic, who had gone ahead through Johan Branger, while Josh Payne's spot-kick and late goals from Joe McNerney and Dannie Bulman gave Crawley Town a 3-0 win over Crewe Alexandra.

Andy Williams and Kevin Van Veen goals were not enough for Northampton Town as they drew 2-2 with 10-man Grimsby Town, who levelled twice through Charles Vernam and Harry Cardwell.

Ben Morris and Carl Winchester scored as Forest Green Rovers won 2-1 at Carlisle United, with Jamie Devitt getting the hosts' goal from the spot.

Jay O'Shea and Will Aimson put Bury 2-0 up at Cambridge United but the U's fought back to clinch a 2-2 draw thanks to goals from Paul Lewis and Greg Taylor.