NOTTS County's misery at Swindon Town meant elation for Macclesfield Town as they survived the drop in League Two courtesy of a 1-1 home draw with Cambridge United, who led through Paul Lewis' 44th-minute strike.

Elliott Durrell equalised for the Silkmen in the second half.

At the other end of the table, Milton Keynes Dons were victorious in the winner-takes-all shoot-out against automatic promotion rivals Mansfield Town.

The Stags went into the game at Stadium MK behind the Dons on goal difference and had to win to climb above their opponents and into third place but David Wheeler's second-minute header saw the hosts win 1-0.

Therefore, Mansfield go into the play-offs where they will be joined by Newport County after Jamille Matt's 87th-minute equaliser at Morecambe saw the Exiles cement seventh spot.

Aaron Collins had put the Shrimps in front in the first half.

Colchester United were the team pushed out of the play-offs by Matt's late goal.

The U's had put themselves firmly in the frame with a 3-0 win at champions Lincoln City. Brennan Dickenson's goal and a brace from Sammie Szmodics gave Colchester victory, but it proved in vain.

Tranmere Rovers will be in the play-offs but they lost 3-1 at Crawley Town, who led at half-time through goals from Ashley Nathaniel-George and Filipe Morais.

James Norwood' penalty reduced Rovers deficit but Panutche Camara completed the scoring late on.

Joe Martin and Jordan Gibson scored in Stevenage's 2-0 home win against Cheltenham Town, while Grimsby Town were also 2-0 winners against Crewe Alexandra, with Harry Davis and Joe Grayson on the scoresheet.

Northampton Town rounded off their season in style with a 5-2 success at Oldham Athletic, who led through Johan Branger's strike. However, Sam Hoskins, Aaron Pierre and a Andy Williams brace turned the game in the Cobblers' favour

Callum Lang got another one for Oldham before substitute Junior Morias struck late on for Northampton.

Promoted Bury drew 1-1 at home against Port Vale as Jordan Rossiter cancelled out Tom Pope's opening goal while it finished goalless between Forest Green Rovers and Exeter City and Yeovil Town against Carlisle United.