EOIN Doyle scored his fifth goal in four games since joining on loan as Swindon Town comfortably beat Morecambe 3-1 at the Energy Check County Ground this afternoon.

The Bradford City loanee netted his fourth for Town inside the first five minutes to give the home side their dream start before Morecambe equalised through Lewis Alessandra eight minutes later.

But Richie Wellens’ men responded in perfect fashion after Jerry Yates crashed home in the 17th minute.

The lead was stretched further less than five minutes later thanks to Doyle’s second of the afternoon, and Swindon got back on the winning trail following three league games without a victory.

Wellens made three changes to his starting line-up from the 2-2 draw with Cheltenham last weekend.

Tyler Reid dropped to the bench following a largely underwhelming performance, Michael Doughty was suspended after being shown a straight red card and Kaiyne Woolery was the unlucky man to lose his place for Jerry Yates to come back in.

Ellis Iandolo slotted in at a semi-familiar left-back role while Danny Rose made his first start of the season in central midfield.

Town set up in a 4-4-2 formation with Keshi Anderson operating on the left-hand side of midfield while Lloyd Isgrove started on the right.

And it did not take long at all for the home wingers to have an effect on proceedings.

Anderson collected the ball off Rob Hunt with his back to goal about 25-yards out before rolling his man and driving towards the centre.

Anderson’s left-footed shot took a heavy deflection on its way through to the path of a lurking Doyle who squeezed the ball through the legs of Barry Roche and into the net.

And despite a further five minutes of total domination from Wellens’ side, a momentary lapse in concentration from Danny Rose gave Morecambe the opportunity to hit straight back.

The visitors broke three on two and Alessandra placed his right-footed shot into the corner to square the game up.

It could have been even worse for Town moments later too as O'Sullivan volleyed at goal, only to be denied by a stretching McCormick.

Not letting the temporary set-back affect them, Town went back in front minutes later.

Anderson powered in from the left, played a pass into Doyle who flicked the ball back into Anderson's path before the talisman slipped Yates in one-on-one.

The Rotherham forward then leathered the ball into the bottom corner to restore the lead.

The next piece of action also came in the form of a goal.

Isgrove whipped in an inch-perfect cross onto the head of Doyle and the Irishman simply nodded down and into the corner for his fifth goal in four games.

Town were content to keep knocking it around in what seemed like slightly blustery conditions at pitch-level, occasionally searching for an opening, but apparently in no real rush.

As the first half came to a close, Town were put under a little bit of pressure by their visitors and did well to keep their two-goal lead intact.

McCormick was forced to punch clear before Sutton headed over another dangerous delivery into Town’s area.

Once the second half resumed, chances were at a premium as the tempo dropped considerably from the level of the first half.

On a rare foray forward, Hunt, Isgrove and Yates almost combined beautifully for a fourth goal, but Isgrove didn't continue his run into the box from a one-two and Yates' pull-back rolled to a Morecambe player.

As Town dropped deeper and deeper midway through the second half, Morecambe came close to nicking a goal back with 20 minutes to play.

A cross was delivered in from the left which caused Town’s stopper all kinds of problems.

McCormick came to claim but got nowhere near the ball and Lavelle was unable to bundle the ball in at the back post.

But that was as close as the visitors would come, and only an Isgrove shot that trickled wide punctuated a largely action-less end to a game that Town were worthy winners of.