NICKY Law's last-gasp penalty preserved Exeter' City's unbeaten record and kept them at the top of the League Two table.

The Grecians looked set to suffer their first defeat of the season against Leyton Orient when Pierce Sweeney's opener was quickly cancelled out by Lee Angol before Louis Dennis put Orient ahead.

It stayed that way until injury time, when Josh Coulson felled Ben Seymour and Law converted to earn Exeter a 2-2 draw.

Forest Green Rovers claimed their fifth victory of the season, Luke Prosser's 31st-minute own goal all that separated Rovers and Colchester United in a 1-0 victory.

A trip to Sixfields spelled the end of Newport County's unbeaten start to the season, with Andy Williams and Sam Hoskins scoring the goals in Northampton Town's 2-0 victory.

Newport's miserable afternoon was complete in injury time when Jamille Matt was shown a second yellow card.

Crewe Alexandra are fifth after an eventful afternoon against Cambridge United at Gresty Road ended in a 3-2 defeat.

Sam Smith put the visitors ahead in the 12th minute and Crewe were reduced to 10 men four minutes before half-time when Paul Green was shown a straight red card for a challenge on Samir Carruthers.

Alex turned things around to lead through goals from Eddie Nolan and Chuma Anene's first for the club but Paul Lewis quickly levelled for Cambridge and Smith scored the winner from the penalty spot in the 72nd minute.

At the bottom of the table, Scunthorpe United claimed their first victory of the season in style, beating Morecambe 3-0.

All the goals game in the first half, with Jamie Proctor's opener followed by strikes from Kevin Van Veen and Matty Lund.

Carlisle United took all the points at Broadhall Way thanks to an 83rd-minute winner from Harry McKirdy in a 3-2 success against Stevenage.

Kurtis Guthrie opened the scoring for the hosts in the 25th minute but that was cancelled out by McKirdy seven minutes before half-time.

Nathan Thomas put Carlisle ahead after half-time only for Guthrie to grab his second moments later but it was the visitors who found the winner.

Bradford City also left it late, and benefited from a slice of fortune as Liam Kinsella's own goal gave them a 1-0 victory over Walsall.

After five draws in a row, Salford City were beaten 2-0 by Cheltenham Town, Ryan Broom scoring both goals, while Bez Lubala earned Crawley Town a 1-0 success over Mansfield Town.

Grimsby Town staged a late fightback to earn a 2-2 draw with Oldham Athletic at Boundary Park.

The Latics looked to have secured the points when Filipe Morais doubled the lead midway through the second half after Christopher Missilou's early opener but Jordan Cook pulled one back in the 81st minute and Ludvig Ohman levelled in injury time.

Nathan Smith's 76-minute goal earned Port Vale a 1-0 victory over Plymouth Argyle.