Swindon Town under-18s put in a complete performance to see them march into the FA Youth Cup third round after a resounding 5-0 victory over Wimborne Town under-18s.

Swindon set about putting the visitors under pressure right from the off and it was Josh Keyes who looked the most threatening, he created space for himself in behind a few times but was thwarted by the advancing Tom Thorne.

After 15 minutes Jaxon Brown pulled off a magical spin to get away from two defenders on the left wing before checking onto his right foot, but his curling effort went fractionally wide of the top corner.

Wimborne almost took the lead against the run of play as Redman Evans got his bearings wrong for a ball over the top, Luca Lane was able to flick the ball over his head, but he got too much height on it and the Town captain recovered to pinch the ball off the striker’s head.

Town got their deserved lead after 23 minutes when a corner was taken short to Fletcher Alexander-Hubbard, who whipped a shot from out wide towards the far corner, it took a deflection and went in at the far post.

Two minutes later Alexander-Hubbard caused problems with a free-kick from a similar position to his goal, but Sonny Hart headed over from close range.

As the first half drew on, again it was the trickery of Alexander-Hubbard that unlocked Wimborne as he created space for himself on the by-line and played in a low cross that Conor Britchford-Stanley was on hand to turn home.

With two minutes until the break, Harry Chard made a surging run down the left and hit a fierce drilled ball into the middle, where the sliding figure of Miles Obodo turned it into the back of the net.

The dominance continued after the break and only the bar denied Swindon as Alexander-Hubbard’s free-kick was timed perfectly for Keyes’ run, but his header was marginally too high.

With 77 minutes on the clock, Joel McGregor did a quick heel-to-heel to lose his marker and played the ball to Keyes, who quickly slipped in Obodo, and his vicious shot nearly took the net off as it went in.

Swindon capped off their performance as Liam Hutt charged forward inside his opposing full-back and played a cut-back to McGregor’s perfectly timed run and he made no mistake with the finish.