ACCRINGTON and Luton continued their march towards promotion from Sky Bet League Two with contrasting victories.

Stanley maintained their three-point lead over Luton at the top of the standings by edging to a 1-0 win at Colchester for a seventh successive victory.

Billy Kee's 63rd-minute finish after U's goalkeeper Sam Walker had pushed the ball into his path proved the difference.

The Hatters, meanwhile, had a brace from Danny Hylton and some Yeovil indiscipline to thank after running out 3-0 victors at Huish Park.

Hylton had already made an impression after flicking on for Elliot Lee to curl beyond Stuart Nelson after only four minutes before he was hauled down in the area by Ryan Dickson, who was given his marching orders.

The striker slotted home from the spot in the 20th minute before Luton were given a further boost when Francois Zoko received a straight red card for an off-the-ball incident involving Alan McCormack.

It is the third time this season that the Glovers have had two men sent off in a match and their misery deepened when Hylton fired home on the rebound after his initial shot had come back off a post in the 40th minute.

Third-placed Wycombe were not in action as a result of Lincoln's involvement in the Checkatrade Trophy final and Exeter, in fourth, took full advantage by twice coming from behind to defeat Cambridge 3-2 to close the gap to two points on Wanderers.

Jabo Ibehre's near-post finish three minutes before half-time and George Maris' long-range stunner midway through the second half had twice given Cambridge a one-goal lead.

Jayden Stockley levelled for the first time with a header just before the hour mark before substitute Matt Jay's rebound in the 84th minute and Jake Taylor's clever finish in the 87th gave the Grecians all three points.

Jonathan Forte bagged a brace, including the winner four minutes from time, as Notts County remained fifth following a 2-1 victory over Coventry.

Jordan Ponticelli had levelled for the Sky Blues with five minutes remaining but Forte struck almost immediately after to secure the spoils for County.

Coventry remain in the final play-off spot after Mansfield's 4-3 defeat at home to Crewe and Swindon's goalless draw with Carlisle.

James Jones and Jordan Bowery struck in the opening 10 minutes for Alex and although Lee Angol pulled one back, the visitors were out of sight before half-time thanks to Harry Pickering and Charlie Kirk.

Kane Hemmings and substitute Ricky Miller struck after the interval to set up a nervous finale but the Railwaymen hung on.

Alex Nicholls' goal on the stroke of half-time proved decisive as Barnet overcame Forest Green 1-0 to move off the foot of the table and to within four points of safety.

Grimsby boosted their survival hopes as Mitchell Rose's 88th-minute penalty gave the Mariners a 1-0 win over Chesterfield, who were leapfrogged by Barnet and now prop up the table.

Josh Payne's penalty and Jimmy Smith's own goal saw Crawley come from behind for a 2-1 triumph over Port Vale, who had taken the lead through Tom Pope.

Chris Whelpdale scored the only goal as Stevenage won 1-0 at Newport while second-half efforts from Jerell Sellars, Will Boyle and Harry Pell helped Cheltenham ease past Morecambe 3-0.